Wappler Missing the Parade

The Low Code/No Code Mobile App Creation Market is flooded with Wappler alternatives whose Killer Feature is complete Project Templates.

Opening up an app like Flutterflow, which now has a Desktop SDK for MacOS, features Full Project Templates for Free –

Notice that these free templates for exploring a new project are fully developed along with their database backend. Flutterflow, in this case, while developed with Firebase as a default DB can also be configured to work with other databases, too.

In this immediately installable Mobile app template the entire file folders & files will start you off with 25 mobile device screens with Gradients, Animations & Database backend to modify and configure in this Template.

Compared to Wappler’s New Project possibilities which have stayed frozen for years.

I am still amazed that although the requests for more Templates & advanced project examples have been posted OVER THE YEARS that the forum response has been generally, repeatedly, Negative.
Templates that can accelerate learning of Wappler’s proprietary UI & logic have been dismissed as superfluous “frills” even while industry adoption of Wappler for web applications has been underwhelming since I first used the old DMX plugins in Dreamweaver.

Wappler, I’m afraid, has not gone all-in on rethinking where its user base will be coming from in the next 5 years. The low code trend is only growing and the next generation of App designers are plainly attracted to thoroughly developed Project templates that showcase sophisticated web technologies that can jump start App development while EDUCATING Designers simultaneously.

2 Likes

Flutterflow has 40 employees. At the beginning they didn’t have so many templates. It’s only since they’ve grown that they have been baking templates like bagels.

Why Wappler are still 3 is something that amazes me but it’s their choice and it seems to work for them. For how long? Who knows!

God forbid they all hop on a plane for a team retreat and it crashes.

1 Like