Wappler Meetup August 2023 - Video

7 Likes

The demo and the system shown in this demo complete built in Wappler - is fascinating indeed, but not showing a single Wapplerā€™s page and explaining how itā€™s really done in Wappler - was a bit odd.

It isnā€™t as a training videos and was never meant to be. It was titled ā€˜the art of the possibleā€™ with the express intent of showing what can be developed with Wappler. Not all technology videos are training videos - but if you are looking for training videos, thereā€™s dozens of them on YouTube.

4 Likes

Looks Metronic based? Must be one of the largest themes out there weighing in at 9gb+ these days! We have used it a few times. Plays nice with Wappler.

Where I wrote ā€œtrainingā€?
Just an short explanation ā€œHow itā€™s Done in Wapplerā€ would be enough for those whoā€™s interested to start digging.
For me itā€™s was just a your product demo, without a knowledge sharing with the community or promoting Wappler as such.
Iā€™m not trying to be offensive, but for me personally main question what should be answered in such videos is HOW, not WHAT.

And the main question people actually ask us is WHAT you can build using Wappler? So this meetup was a really interesting and informative one.

3 Likes

If you had attended, you could have joined the Q+A at the end and asked any questions. But you didnā€™t.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not Metronic-based. I wasnā€™t aware of Metronic but will have a look.

Iā€™d say it is by far the most full featured administration ā€˜themeā€™ on the market, the most reliable, and most frequently updated. Bares a striking resemblance hence my asking. By the way in no way am I belittling your hard-work and expertise John. Am always interested in the boundaries you push with Wappler.

2 Likes

I confess I am not normally a fan of product demos and often find myself saying andā€¦
BUT that one was impressive.
I found myself tracking each feature and kind of building it in my head as it played out.
It would, however, be very interesting to drill down on some of these APIs such as the forms which would probably be a presentation in themselves.
Having developed GP practice management software in the past (late 90s,long time ago) I was impressed by its comprehensive nature and ease of use. I would hate to even try that now without wappler to streamline everything.

5 Likes

It was my first time attending and I loved it! @scalaris found an industry problem that needed solving and was able to do it with Wappler!

The amount of features and advanced tech integrated in less than two years is ā€œthe art of the possible!ā€ Wappler is making advanced combinations of industry-leading technology possible.

Thank you to everyone who put it together. Iā€™ll be sure to attend more in the future.

3 Likes

I thought the session was great. I was blown away with what was accomplished. I was so mind blown I couldnā€™t even think of questions ask.

I would love to know more about how the SMS messaging was set up. I could certainly use something like that in my project!

5 Likes

Wow that is inspiring that this can be achieved using wappler. Really shows what can be done.

That form builder is impressive. Makes me not want to look at my attempt ever again :joy: Can i ask was the form builder achieved using just wappler or is coded / extension?

1 Like

Just to know what Wappler is capable of producing was enough to justify an excellent hour spent watching it. One thing Iā€™ve faced is being asked ā€˜what software/frameworks/platform do you build with?ā€™ and answering ā€˜Wapplerā€™ and getting the response ā€˜never heard of itā€™. Now I can say itā€™s been used for a multinational system in the orthodontist industry.

Thanks again @scalaris. I loved it. And I remember you doing an earlier demo of it last year and loved that, too. Great to see how itā€™s progressed since then.

3 Likes