Wappler Keeps Deleting My Globals

Wappler v5.2.2 keeps deleting all my globals (ENV values and Execution steps) randomly.

It happened 5 times in the last 3 days but I don’t see a pattern. There were 18 ENV variables and the following execution steps: security identify and a db lookup. I’m able to use the globals for a while and then they are suddenly gone and it looks like this:

I have no idea how to reproduce that since it’s happening randomly but it makes working on the current project really hard.

I’m on Mac OS Ventura and Wappler has full filesystem access. It’s not an issue of saving the globals since Wappler successfully saves them on the disk and later wipes them.

Any ideas on how to pin down the issue?

Maybe you had the globals unsaved?

Did you try closing the tab and reopening it from the server actions panel?

The globals were saved. I just added them again and checked the globals.json in the projects folder and they were added and saved,

Wappler wipes the globals.json at some point. It’s not a UI issue because the globals.json was really empty. So closing and reopening it from the server actions panel didn’t help either.

The same thing started happening with API workflows today. An API workflow I created a couple of days ago with around 30 actions was open when I closed Wappler. I didn’t change anything for that flow and closed Wappler. All the actions were gone afterwards.