Wappler installation size

I just realized that Wappler installation is over 4Gb after the last upgrade which sounds strange. Is that right or is something happening upon upgrades where something is not deinstalling.

Thanks,
Rick

Wappler install file is just 120MB and fully installed it’s core size is 300MB but with the extension and all can go to around 1GB

How did you come up with 4GB?

My C drive has been filling up strangely lately so I’ve been deleting files, then started looking at programs which I could delete and when I looked at programs sorted by size, wappler came up on top. I thought it looked weird as I thought it would be a small size along the lines of what you said. Something not cleaning up maybe?

1 Like

must be some caching stuff I guess… what does treesize say?

But the ranking is correct. Wappler is No. 1 and comes before other Adobe Products :grin:. So only Diskspace usage maybe strange

1.9gb of space used here. For the record :wink:

my wappler install is 1.8GB

of this, ~900mb is here:

can we delete this - can someone from wappler team confirm please?

I guess these files are needed and even if deleted they‘ll appear again

Yes with all the extensions install Wappler size can go up to 1GB on disk.
We also keep indeed a lot of caching for faster load on the tabs.

Usually the caching is all cleaned up after you close Wappler.

You can also delete it indeed yourself, but first close Wappler.

It is all kept in:

on Windows:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Wappler\User Data\Default\Storage\ext\xxxxxxxxx

on Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Wappler/Default/Storage/ext/xxxxxxxxx

great, I was able to delete 3GBs worth. My C drive looks much better now. I’ll keep an eye on this to see what happens in future and let you know. no worries, just glad to know what it is.

Rick

May I suggest a Purge Cache feature?

:slight_smile:

3 Likes