Wappler Git Shared Repo Best Practices?

This question is not about using Wappler’s git manager, but more about the process of working on a Wappler project (with all the files it creates) with others through a shared remote repository. Is there a list of which folders/file should be pushed to a shared repository and which folders/file should be kept local (e.g. because they’ll be specific to me)? For example, I see that .wappler/project.json contains my gitURL.

@George @Teodor Any pointers on this topic? Should all files be committed? Are there teams that use Wappler that might have some opinions on this?

If you use Git for version control, you work with multiple people or on different locations. Then you should commit the .wappler folder to Git, it contains project settings that are needed by Wappler. When you use Git to publish your website then you should exclude the .wappler folder.

1 Like

From our personal experience of using shared Git accross clients & other devs in the office, we commit the .wappler folder and files, but just once.
This helps with the projects targets etc as Patrick suggests.
But, when any user works on the project, we do not commit any .wappler changes and instruct our client to not do that too.
These files keep changing as per selected target & git branch & queries you work on in SA - specifically DB related files.

We do occaisionally commit these files when we hit a miltestone, but generally, they are left dangling as uncommitted changes.

Also, like Patrick suggests, this folder is not important for deployment, so it does not matter if those changes remain uncommitted.

We still occaisionally get conflicts due to this folder, but nothing that can’t be managed.

1 Like