Wappler Engine vs Local Node server performance

I have a maxed out Macbook pro mid-2015 (16GB 2,8GHz, 1TB)

I’ve noticed that Wappler engine affects negatively my laptop thermals.

While I can run a local node server totally silent(fans at aprox 3000 rpm) when I switch to Wappler engine they will eventually ramp-up to 5500rpm+

If you need help benchmarking/profiling the app let me know and I can run locally whatever you need.

Given that you’re rocking a model that is so easy to pop the back case off, have you cleaned your fans lately? 7 years in they can look like fuzzy spinning vinyl in there!

Did it start with a recent version of Wappler, or has it been like this on 4.x and 5x?

Wappler gets the fans going to a noticable whir all my Intel machines, including 2018 MPB i9 & a newer MPB i7. I assumed it was because Wappler spins up so many processes and they can be spread amongst the cores, which quickly heats things up.

It’s clean as a whistle. A few weeks ago I cleaned every single part in it as I was changing the keyboard and the battery so I had to take it apart completely.

I can’t remember when it started. For all I know it could have been since the beginning and I just got used to the noise.

If you had my luck, it would have started a few weeks ago on the dot :laughing:

Fan noise drives me crazy, M1 has been heaven in that regard and I can’t wait till all the intel machines are worn out enough to go away and leave me with a quiet house.

1 Like

One man’s meat is another man’s poison :joy:

I am not so concerned about the noise as I have a bit of tinnitus. It’s the thermal throttling that inevitably occurs what bothers me. Working with Wappler with 0.8GHz cores is very unpleasant.

Solution is moving away from Wappler engine server for now but I am pretty sure there is a performance issue caused by running the server within the electron app.

1 Like