Wappler DB Manager fails when no database name is given

DB manager is not related here!
You just need a Server Connect Database Connectio made properly. Probably your connection details are not right, so that the tables are not populated!

@Teodor you got a fancier server connect :wink:

But as I mentioned earlier, connection is OK

The main problem is actually showing my tables, and the error of Wappler fetching more a row for schemas

It looks different for PHP server model, that’s not the issue.

I see George commented this above, but ARE YOU SURE you have entered Database Name in your connection details in Server Action and in Database Manager:

This can NOT be empty.

@Teodor

What is already in the database? Seems the table query is returning multiple tables with the same name.

@George

DBs

Well just empty the whole database and start over - you seems to have messed it up with all the previous attempts

@George

Please delete and recreate the whole database - not just deleting the tables, there is much more meta schema involved.

@George Well, that would beat the point of using Supabase dashboard if I got rid of its features, wouldn’t it? You are suggesting to just connect to a raw postgres.

How hard is it for Wappler to just pull all the schemas?

Well Wappler uses knex and some of its queries to fetch table data, like this one:

select table_name, table_schema,
   (select obj_description(oid) FROM pg_class
      where relkind = 'r' and relname = table_name) as table_comment
     from information_schema.tables where table_schema = 'public' and table_catalog = ? and table_type = 'BASE TABLE'`;

Like to fetch many comments for the tables, but seems your database have two comments for non existing tables

There is a FR open for that. You can vote for it.

1 Like

I also proposed for Server Connect extensibility to include the option to plug into Security Provider and Restrict. Your case would add to the reasons to allow that.

Edit: created a FR

https://community.wappler.io/t/extend-server-connect-security-provider-restrict/30058/2

I see indeed the tables list query - doesn’t take into account the schema when fetching comments for the table. Will improve that

1 Like

Thank you @JonL @George

This has been improved in Wappler 3.7.5

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.