Wappler database queries limit

Is there any kind of limit to the amount of database queries a project can efficiently handle, lets say my site needs to call 700 diferent queries across several pages… would there be any kind of problem building the site?

Hello, the answer is - it depends. And it depends on many things.
Like - are these queries running simultaneously? What amount of data are they returning? Do you need to display all of the data on the page(s)?
What server are you using? What database?

And a bonus question - do you really need 700 queries / and what for? Just curious what kind of app are you building.

hey there thanks for the prompt answer !

well most of the queries will return a couple kb , and just a couple of them will run simultaneously on each page. nothing extreme.

yeah I can imagine it will depend a lot about the server and DB configuration. right now I haven’t decided where I’ll be hosting the site, database will be postegres in aws.

Im building an esport tournament platform… so the issue is that in some cases each videogame needs differet queries, or updates to the db to show specific details of the game. I was exxageratting a bit with the 700 queries hehe, but I easily foresee using 400-500

right now I already have built an mvp on bubble.io and I have written around 200 queries so far, and I ran into some serious performance issues, not only in the deployed live version , but with the app editor that makes working on it quite inneficient. bubble was made to use the internal database, so using external databases is possible,using a couple of dozens is pretty functional… but at 200 it feels going uphill each time I need to use a new one or update one.

anyway, thanks for answering and Im pretty exited actually to start building in wappler

2 Likes

With Wappler there is no limit in the number of queries you can run.

It is all about if the database server can handle them. So usually if you have a good high performance database server like the Digital Ocean Managed Databases, that you can even scale up depending on the load.

You can also use a caching server like Redis (can also be run as managed database at digital ocean) - to cache most common queries so that you don’t bother your database server for the same output.

And last but not least good query optimization is essential, multiple queries and joins combined as much as possible to avoid running all separate queries.

1 Like