Wappler community here in brazil

hello, i’m trying to set up a wappler community here in brazil, but i’m having difficulties with wappler’s trial time, which is only 14 days, i think that’s not enough to learn the full potential of wappler, there should be a special condition for each region, in case of mine here in Brazil

According to the Brazilian Association of Information and Communication Technology Companies (Brasscom), the application development market should need 420,000 professionals in Brazil by 2024, while approximately 46,000 professionals are trained in the country per year . To alleviate this demand, startups are developing new tools that facilitate the creation of applications, called “no code” or “low code” platforms.

Small companies started to use no-code or low-code platforms, for example: Bubble, Plato uses in the back office; Qoins and Meetaway run on Bubble; Dividend Finance raised $365 million with Bubble support.

Brazil has great potential for platforms with Wappler

Hello,
We don’t have special conditions or pricing per region. The price is the same for all the countries around the world. Also, the idea of the 14 days trial is not to learn Wappler fully and build your complex app, but to evaluate its features and whether it suits your needs or not.
There are power users in Brazil, for example @AdrianoLuiz so you can contact him and see if he can help you with your questions as well.

4 Likes

okay, I don’t know what your company’s thoughts are, but I believe you are failing to make a lot of money here in Brazil, in short, if it is wappler’s policy not to have special conditions, it was just another way to bring users to wappler, thank you by the answer.

user booble in brazil, who left for FlutterFlow, who could be Wappler users.

If you are a tradesman and you need a tool to do a job you purchase the tool outright or you rent it by the day. Sorry to use an analogy as may be lost in translation.

Imagine if you could try the drill for 14 days for free. Within a few days you know if the drill is the tool you need. You go ahead and purchase the drill. If you are unsure you rent the drill for a little longer, or in the case of Wappler (and software in general) you subscribe to one of the many plans for a month, and then decide if the tool is right for you. If it is not the right tool for the job you give the drill back or stop renting it. That choice is yours.

In essence 14 days is long enough to know if Wappler is the tool you need. Extending the trial past 14 days will not make a difference to this decision. Well at least not for the majority. And again, for those who take a little longer to decide, purchase a license for a month, use it some more, and then decide.

Sorry to be blunt about it but that is how we see it.

Tools for jobs and all that!

:wink:

6 Likes

kkkkk, I liked the analogy, you’re right, I’m just not talking about me, more than many users, for me 10 days is already a good size, and wappler yes, it’s an excellent “drill”, kkkkk, great tool, I’ve used it several frameworks but none can be compared to wappler.

1 Like

I respect the clarity of Wappler’s pricing policy, but when I think about the niche that Wappler competes in, especially after Bubble’s turnover, I see a tradeoff of investing money in a tool that is still unknown to many users. There are very few tutorials, no developers’ market for it yet, and no marketplace for plugin integration yet. The community has a highly technical background and pushes away any no-code builder who attempts to ask any “stupid” question.
I still don’t get the vision of Wappler, but building the community around software programming must be the first objective. For instance, I saw yesterday a chart of the most used framework which showed the decline of famous frameworks like Angular and even React against newer frameworks but yet they are able to withstand these waves for one single reason: they have community support. Bubble could be another example where the community still has patience and carries promises toward the future of the company.
The simple answer to how they built this community is that they give something in expectation of nothing in return. I don’t think all of what I said is absent from Wappler’s vision. Yes, Wappler is giving something new and elegant as a developing platform, but let’s put our feet on the ground: it is not a patent nor an invention, and even in its core function, you still use open-source frameworks.
To be honest, this thought may be sensed by other users as well. I won’t say it’s arrogant like a previous comment I saw in this forum but there is high rigidity in some discussions, particularly with newer users like this one.
The main flaw I certainly claim about Wappler is that there is no marketing expert who deals with this stuff. I know from a programmer’s point of view giving a part of his work for free could be like an infringement but from a commercial and sustainability vision, this is the right thing to do.
I am sorry if I made this too long but I will throw this suggestion out there: Plan free - all core functions using a live server for learning purposes without exposure, export, or deployment unless paying a certain amount of money. The new features will be exclusive to the desktop app and the live server will get less frequent updates and that is all.

1 Like

There are no stupid questions, we have all been there at some time. As for pushing no-coders away? As a coder, it is hard for me to place myself in the shoes of a no-coder, yet I, along with others, attempt to help everyone in the community.

The idea behind Wappler was to create a platform that could simplify the web development process and provide developers with a powerful, easy-to-use toolkit for building modern websites and web applications. This will include open-source frameworks much like I would use without Wappler.

As far as the rest of the vent is concerned, I think that is a matter for the Wappler Team. It is not our concern. What should be of interest is if this is the tool to use. In my case it is a resounding YES. For others it may not be. For those there are plenty of other options.

1 Like

That’s the second time i see a post about this in the past month and not sure why is that? I find our community one of the friendliest and welcoming online communities i’m involved into (and i am involved in quite a few).
I’ve seen really bad attitude in the bubble community, for example, not only by the regular users, but also by moderators :slight_smile:

1 Like

What part do you feel was rigid?

You should invest in YOURSELF and in YOUR knowledge in first place.
I see that many Bubble users are trying (which I totally understand) to compare with Wappler, but this is a dead end. Bubble is a platform and you developing your “no-code” specifically for that platform without any chance to “migrate” or get your code.
Wappler - is a “advanced IDE” aka low-code tool which speed ups development, but doesn’t provide any unique code or unique approach. What you do in Wappler can be easily done in Notepad if you wish.
That’s why you can build your web-site in 2 months and pay Wappler license for two 2 but after you released in production - make all future changes with Notepad.

4 Likes

I remember when I was a newbie I found Teodor’s replies a bit passive aggressive, but I got used to it - it’s his personality - I learned to not take it personal :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You need to smooth talk him with some memes…

Beers work too I think.

4 Likes

Offtopic
Same here.
But in the end of the day - professional knowledge I value more than “fake politeness”. :slight_smile:

He’s a good man, he likes beer :smiley:

1 Like

I guess this is @patrick on Friday, right?

That’s more Teodor on Friday :joy:

Something my father would say to me…probably!

3 Likes

That’s an absolutely correct comment.

The way Wappler works is different than all the “no-code” platforms, that host your code. There you can spend months, years (or even a decade) using a “free” limited plan, build your app and everything but then if you want this app to run you need to pay for it. And on most of these “no-code” platforms, you need to pay for every app you create in order to keep it up and running.
With Wappler it’s different, there is no free plan, but you only pay for the time you need to develop your app(s). Then you publish your app to a hosting of your choice and it can run there, without any payments to Wappler. You can cancel your Wappler subscription and that’s all, subscribe back for a month if you like to update it.
We discussed a possibility of a “free” or “learning” plan with the team, but it won’t work with Wappler, as it works with Bubble for example. A very possible and expected scenario is - people will just start using the free plan to develop their apps, even if some limits are set, they will pay for a month in order to publish it, when the app is ready and then they will leave :slight_smile: That’s not how our business model works.

If you guys really want to learn Wappler, then get most of your free trial and if you see that Wappler is the right thing for you, go ahead and subscribe for a month, or more. Freedom and no lock-ins are a much better option in long term, than a few bucks saved on a “free” plan.

And the “free” plan at bubble is not quite free, if you think about it. You spend (some time) learning the platform, all its specific options, its whole specific logic, then you spend more time in building the app and then - surprise, your app is ready, but they increase the pricing, limit the resources for free apps and you are left with two choices - pay more, or leave with all your bubble knowledge (which is of no use for other tools out there). Either you stay locked, or your time is now lost.

4 Likes

I always put it down to all the team being “English as a second language”.
This can lead to things sounding a little abrupt.

I do however concur with earlier comments about the technical aspects of forum posts.
As wappler has matured I see a large percentage if posts being related to technologies like docker, git and S3.
The area of extensions makes this even more if the case.
There are few posts about the stable core and basic components making everything sound very technical and complex.

5 Likes