Wappler and files in the server

An important problem I had already reported previously, but unfortunately after two Wappler updates, the problem still exists
I state that the system is MacOS 10.14.3 Mojave.
The fact is that it often happens that Wappler does not read some files on the server.
It also happens that sometimes Wappler reports “file not found” error for files existing on the server
Does it only happen to me?

I have updated to version 1.7.4 but the problem remains
Is it possible to solve it? because it is very penalizing

I also point out that the Ftp pattern exclusion does not work.
I added .php, but the files php are not excluded

I haven’t heard other users having problems with files not being read from the server. Is this with a specific server or is it a problem you have with multiple servers? You can do some debugging yourself with the ftp, open the console in Wappler (bottom panel) and check the bug icon. It will then output all ftp information to the console.

If you can’t figure out yourself, then post a bug report with a debug log.

I checked the exclude pattern, there seems to be some cases that it ignores the pattern. This seems to happen when for example a php file is saved and the target is set to the remote host. It then uploads the file even when it is in the ignore pattern. If there are other cases that you know where the pattern is ignored then please let us know.

OK I’ll do some tests and let you know

Hi Patrick
I found something wrong
As you can see from the attached video if I open Wappler normally and display the files on the server, it happens that some files are not displayed, even if reset
But if I click on the debug icon and reset the list, then everything works and the files that have disappeared are also read

Registrazione schermo 2019-01-25 alle 16.12.58.mov (2.4 MB)

Can you restart Wappler with Logging and reproduce it. Then send me the log file that was created.

Ok here the text of debug

file link removed since it contains ftp credentials.

I think it is a server specific issue, I was able to reproduce it with your credentials once and did see in the server response that it didn’t return a list.

Is this the only project you worked with until now? Any experiences with other ftp servers?

No, they are different sites on different domains, but I have not verified them all. Surely the problem also occurs for other sites
Thank you for removing the file (I thought I had sent it only to you) However, I change my password for security
However, keep in mind that with DW, Filezilla and other programs the problem has never been presented