Wappler 6 Beta 15 (Major Bug): Can't open any files from file manager panel

I’ve just installed b15 and it’s opening files fine. (MacOS/PHP/MySQL).

Even if you switch projects?

Scrub that. I didn’t have experimental features enabled. Enabling it means I can’t open files either.

1 Like

I have come up with a pattern that I can replicate 100% of the time.

I have my default view set to ‘Split View’

• Open Wappler
  • Try Opening a file (File does not open)
  • Close Wappler (Close, don’t quit)
  • Re-Open Wappler (File will be open but not in split view, it will be in design view)
  • Try opening another file (File will not open)
  • Close Wappler again (Close, don’t quit)
  • Open Wappler (the second file will be open in split view as it should)

Then any file can be opened correctly after that. So it seems that somehow it is originally not recognizing the view and preventing file from opening. Again, using these steps I can recreate the problem every time. At least I have a work around, have to open and close Wappler a couple times with a file open.

After switching projects you have to go through the above steps again.

Update, this will also fix the problem In all three view preferences.

• Open Wappler
  • Try Opening a file (File does not open)
  • Close Wappler (Close, don’t quit)
  • Re-Open Wappler (File will be open but not in split view, it will appear be in design view)
  • Manually set the view back to Split View, Design View or Code View)

Than you can open any file you wish. But you have to manually switch the original file back to your preferred view first before trying to open any other files.

Is it specific file types you can’t open - as i just tested in two projects on mac and windows - it opens all the files - css, js, html?
I don’t have to close and reopen Wappler main window to open any of them.

I only tested on PHP pages. Won’t open API files either.

Won’t open .lock or .json files either without having to close and re-open.

As discovered, Experimental features needs to be enabled I believe. I just tested, can confirm if you turn off experimental features it works. Re-enabling experimental features again breaks it.

Just tested this with the experimental features on and off - no issues on both mac and windows.
I can open server actions, php, css, js, html files.
Can you please recreate the issue with wappler in debug mode and then attach the debug log here?

Sorry, can you provide a link to the debug log file docs again? I can’t remember where the log file is and I thought I bookmarked it.

1 Like

I can confirm having the same issue in beta 15 and @brad’s workaround fixes it.

Running Windows 11 with Wappler Beta and Experimental features.

1 Like

I hope this is the right file …

report1698263630563.zip (277.4 KB)

I think i was able to recreate this. It seems to happen at least for me, when you start Wappler and the editor/design view part is not focused. If you start Wappler without any files open and click on the part where the big Wappler logo is (so it gets focused), and then double click any file it will load the file, otherwise the issue you describe happens.
We will improve this behavior.

3 Likes

I can confirm that clicking on the Wappler logo first allows it to work correctly.

Fixed in Wappler 6 beta 16

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.