Visual SEO Setup and Management

Request Summary:

To further the “visual” web development goals of Wappler and making it an even powerful and diverse, we request for full fledged visual (non-code) options to setup and manage SEO with dynamic data options.

Detailed feature request (an initiation as to what is expected)

1. Project Level SEO settings

this part can be added to the project setting window as a new tab.

a. meta data (reusable on page level and other places as well):

– site title
– site tag line
– site description
– site logo
– site favicon
– separator (common separator value like | or - to be used across the website on dynamic titles for consistency)

b. create/refresh sitemap and image sitemap

– i guess only XML sitemaps should suffice, HTML sitemaps are not needed, right?).
– a button to ping sitemap to google (https://www.google.com/ping?sitemap=<sitemap URL>).
– list all the pages of the project and allow for specifically exclude any page from sitemap. it can be auto-configured as well based on page level property of ‘noindex’.
– image sitemaps ref: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/114016

c. Google Knowledge Graph integration

– ref: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/enhance-site
– setup site attributes for Google to read - corporate contact, site logo, social profile, etc. all of it please.
– special mention of JSON-LD breadcrumbs, please integrate support for this feature as well.
– all values including images should be dynamically linkable so that the developer can allow for the client to be able to change it post production. no dependency on the developer for that - get my point?

d. Analytics and Webmaster setup:

– option to enable and input ID/Key for popular analytics and search engines for one-click config via UI instead of adding these values from the code view. few samples:
– Google analytics tracking ID (there are lot more analytics tracking features which maybe added later, one step at a time :slight_smile:)
– Google Site Verification meta value (google search console)
– Bing Site Verification meta value (bing webmaster tools)
– Yandex Site Verification meta value (yandex webmaster tools)
– Pinterest Site Verification meta value

e. Local Business meta data

– ref: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/local-business
– some 10-12 variables that have to set which google reads along with store times.
– there are so many structured data stuff by google, i know, the reason i am suggesting this is because this is likely to be most widely used for clients.

f. enable/disable toggle for Dublin Core (dublincore.org)

– just simple enable or disable option, all values will be derived from the existing settings only, no separate need to create all the input boxes, etc. for all the meta data.

g. setup 404 redirection URL

– to a page within the project or a separate URL altogether.

2. Page Level SEO settings

this part can be added a new window (would prefer a panel alongside design panel but this is not as frequently used and that space is already kinda full!) with the button to open this window somewhere on the bar which has the responsive view buttons, what say?

a. meta data:

– meta title
– meta description
– page featured image (will also be used for social media thumbnails).

b. checkboxes for marking the page as: noindex, nofollow, etc.

– ref: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en&ref_topic=4617741

c. custom breadcrumb name

– page title is the default breadcrumb name.
– in case the title name is too big and a different name is to be set as breadcrumb option to enter that value should be given on the page level SEO settings.
– ref: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/breadcrumb

d. redirection.

– a dropdown to select from reason codes: 301, 302, 307, 410, 451 and select a page corresponding to it or an option to enter a custom URL for redirection.

3. Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Card:

part of respective project/page level screens, summarising here separately just for clarity.

a. Project Level settings:

– Facebook Link Ownership ID <meta property=“fb:pages” content=“page ID”/>
– Facebook Admin ID <meta property=“fb:admins” content=“admins ID”/>
– Facebook App ID <meta property=“fb:app_id” content=“app ID”/>
– default Facebook image
– default Twitter image

b. Page Level settings

– default values for these would be the generic ones as defined in point 2 above, giving separate input boxes to manipulate different social media may seem overwhelming but it is just supercharging the whole thing:

• Facebook title
  • Facebook description
  • Facebook thumbnail
  • Twitter title
  • Twitter description
  • Twitter thumbnail

c. ability to enable/disable these tags.

d. these settings can derive values directly from other project level and page level settings.

4. General Points

– ability to set all variables and images to dynamic values so that developer can enable client side manipulation of these data post-production.
– lot many things are under the hood like google analytics ID must be added on all the pages, not just the home page. these things will have to be integrated well by Wappler team - which would be the real value addition - by making developer’s life easier and the output robust and beautiful.
– z

inputs and feedback on this request invited from @wappler_ambassadors

Wow Nishkarsh! That is a great list!

Seems you can read my mind already :slight_smile: - I was thinking of implementing most of those things already but your list sum it all nicely! With great reference information! Makes my life much easier :slight_smile:

So we will definitely get into implementing those very soon!

PS. maybe our SEO guru @psweb has some additions as well

5 Likes

i had to return the favour from last time, you see :smile:

yes please, more inputs from community is much needed for a good quality implementation. am not a SEO expert, so an expert view will be great to have.

4 Likes

That is a very good point! I did not yet build a cms with Wappler but will eventually and that is one thing I would like is to make so the site manager can modify those values himself without asking me every time.
Not sure how it should be implemented in Wappler, many cms that I installed can also handle that via some granular rules so it is easy to grant access or not to part/values to client, site manager or particular group.
I really love your list of suggestions and all are useful and would be a great additional value to Wappler :slight_smile:

Hi @George and @nshkrsh, wow, what a brilliant idea, personally I would benefit from something like this greatly, and I am sure many others would too.

There is nothing I can really add to the list from @nshkrsh as some of the things I do, I honestly do not think many others do, such as combining .js and .css files for speed, which to me falls under the category of SEO.
On one hand it could not be further from SEO, but on the other if I was not trying to rank so high, I would not bother doing it, so in a round about way to me it still falls into the SEO category.

I also do many a strange thing inside by .htaccess file such as deflates, and cache control per file type, of which I am sure some of them could be implemented like redirecting all to https or https://www which would be a little different for Apache vs NIX vs ISS etc.

A canonical page link manager would be amazing to me.

On a side note I am about 3 weeks away from complete on this horrible website I have been working on relentlessly so I should be far more active in Wappler again pretty soon. Been missing you all.

3 Likes

@psweb would you please be able to share some ref link regards this - not familiar!

i do not know much about this but @George would you consider something like this (which could be a part of the revised file/variables/server upload management changes Wappler would be doing?

wouldn’t this be something to be directly done on server level?

again, can you share a ref, maybe from another CMS like WordPress or Drupal?

2 Likes

Meta tags for SEO and Robot tag has been implemented in Wappler 2.1.0

1 Like

i saw its implemented, but here in forum not as implemented marked :thinking: