Video component server connect

We already have image component, could you add video component in server connect : trim, scale, extract picture, save, convert…

Well video processing is a very heavy duty process. Because of that it is usually running on the background or special dedicated video processing services are deployed.

Server connect actions are currently user triggered and are except to complete really quickly as the user is waiting.

More lengthy tasks are using run on the background with schedulers like cron.

We do plan to support more scheduling server side of actions so then you are no longer dependent on the user and can do more lengthy processing.

By then we will evaluate video processing as option and maybe integrate with some dedicated services as well.

1 Like

For your information : Concerning my business : i setting up a media bank, people send their pictures and videos . For video, i need to extract a thumbnail picture, create a small version of the video to display on the web, store the main file and be able to create (when sold) a link to the file (with probably a smaller size than the original) 4K-> HD by instance. Fabrice