Video component - play from CDN

Happy Easter everyone! :egg: :egg: :egg:

I am looking into using the video component within Wappler to play videos from a CDN source.

I added the video component and set the source to the CDN path.

The video plays as it should when manually started but the autoplay options do not seem to work

Is this a side effect of downloading from a CDN rather than direct from the server or a bug in the component?

Anyone any ideas?

Probably it’s related to the way the autoplay option is handled by the browsers:

i.e. you can’t have autoplay with sound on :slight_smile:

Yes. you are correct, mute the video and autoplay works. Not much help when you need to play a video with sound!

Tried various options like autorun & muted then turn on volume on via scheduler, the action triggers but volume remains muted.
Guess google are trying to force people down the Youtube route.

Youtube it is i guess, hate having to subscribe to such things

It’s not google only. All the browsers limited this a while back (few years already). Videos require user interaction to play or have sound and play.
It was a REALLY annoying practice to have videos autoplaying with sounds when you load a page, that’s why they limited this.

This one plays on a private page on first load (it’s a tutorial) then deactivates after that. It can then manually be replayed if needed. It’s actually an essential part of the workflow.

Strange how streaming from YouTube are not subjected to the same restrictions??

I don’t know about streaming from youtube, it’s an iframe with their own script - so it’s a different object than the video/audio elements on the page.

Absolutely, i know why, just being cynical about motives.
If people can’t auto play with sound from a video component but can from YouTube then is forces people to use their service and if you want a clean interface with no irrelevant suggestions at the end like you would have with self hosted videos you have to have a paid subscription.
Kind of YouTube/ Vimeo or nothing situation

It’s all the browsers actually, not google forcing you to use any service:

Here you can see the guidelines:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Autoplay_guide