Version 3.3.2 crashing alot on Windows 10

Wappler Version : 3.3.2
Operating System : Windows 10

Several times a day now this version keeps crashing on me. Just goes away. boom. :frowning:

Not sure on how to reproduce. it just does it randomly.

Previous version didnā€™t have any problems. But could be a dumb Microsoft update issue too. Just didnā€™t know if anyone else was having this issue?

Is there any sort of crash file it creates that might have a clue?

Capture

Hi. I also work on Win10, but I donā€™t have any problems with the crash.

ok, I usually donā€™t have any problems either. Wonder if I need to uninstall and reinstall from scratch?

I re-installed as per @george post on installing from scratch. Iā€™ll report back to see if that seems to fix the problem?

Yes reinstall from scratch might help. Also make sure your video drivers are the latest.

1 Like

clean install did the trick!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been having the same random crashes recently on Win10 Pro. I thought it might have something to do with me using VSCode to do the SCSS manually but sometimes it just closes down even when I havenā€™t been on the 'puterā€¦ :thinking:

Before I uninstall/reinstall I just want to make sure that ONLY the app will be removed ā€“ not all the project info/target settings from the multiple sites Iā€™ve worked on. Is this correct?

It just freaks me out when the uninstall popup says ā€˜the app and its related info will be uninstalledā€™.

After clinking OK, Iā€™m expecting it to say ā€œAre you sure?ā€ā€¦ ā€œAre you really really sure?ā€ā€¦ ā€œAre your backups and insurance up to date and have you removed any weapons from the house?ā€

All the projects are stored separate from Wappler. When you create a project, it asks for the folder path. Thatā€™s where the project resides and will not be deleted on uninstalling Wappler. The project specific settings are also stored in that same project folder.

If you are on Windows, make sure to delete the Wappler folder in AppData folder alsoā€¦ After uninstallingā€¦ for a clean install.

1 Like

Thanks sid. Good to know all the project data is stored with the project and not in an app folder. Iā€™ll uninstall and delete the Wappler folder in the AppData as well. Thanks for your help.

This is fixed in Wappler 3.3.6

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.