Validator - Error

Wappler 4.4.3
Windows 10

In the new version of Validator.

It wont allow me to add 11 or 11234243242 if the if the min rule is only 2.
Just a normal input where the value cant be 1… but its allowed to be 11 or anything over 1…
But the validator wont allow me to add anything starting with a “1” even if the value is over “1”

This version did the job if it helps.
/*!
DMXzone Validator
Version: 1.2.1
© 2021 DMXzone.com
@build 2021-04-14 10:09:41
*/

OLDER WORKING dmxValidator.zip (5.2 KB)

I tested this and it works fine with the latest version of Validator. Are you sure you are running the latest version as well?

could it be that my code is not right?

<input type="text" id="floor_number" name="floor_number"  data-rule-min="2" data-msg-min="Please enter a value greater than 1" is="dmx-input"  required=""> 
    <button id="btn1" class="btn btn-primary" type="submit">GO</button>

I have deleted the folder and let wappler redo it…

Im running this versoin.
/*!
DMXzone Validator
Version: 1.7.2
© 2021 DMXzone.com
@build 2021-12-08 14:29:33
*/

validation-file

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<script src="dmxAppConnect/dmxAppConnect.js"></script>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>Untitled Document</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="dmxAppConnect/dmxValidator/dmxValidator.css" />

<script src="dmxAppConnect/dmxValidator/dmxValidator.js" defer=""></script>

<script src="js/jquery-3.5.1.slim.min.js"></script>

</head>

<body id="testform" is="dmx-app">

<form id="form1" is="dmx-serverconnect-form" method="post" >

<input type="text" id="floor_number" name="floor_number"

data-rule-min="2" data-msg-min="Please enter a value greater than 1" is="dmx-input"  required="">

<button id="btn1" class="btn btn-primary" type="submit">GO</button>

</form>

</body>

</html>

It’s because you have an input type of text so it is being treated as a string and not a number. If you are expecting a number use type=“number”

1 Like

Thanks @bpj

Sorry guys… @Teodor … im not posting in bugs anymore… as im expecting things that used to work with the older stuff… to work with the new stuff… and that my “bad” but thanks for clearing that up…

*** NOT A BUG ****

1 Like

It’s better to post than storing frustrations. We all get used to swallowing our pride when we make mistakes but sometimes it is something that needs addressing. Other times, things like this can indicate confusion/ambiguity that maybe the team needs to address in the UI.

Just glad you’re sorted :beers:

1 Like

@bpj i do think the big thing were it all goes pear shaped for me is… im “updating” older sites (*1 year or more) that used to work 100% with all these components… now im updating them to the newest version and many things have changes for the better… but to then find where the adjustments were made is tricky… and then one assume its a bug… but its because one has not stayed up to date… but once again thanks for the help.

1 Like