Validation Rules - nothing happens

Hi there,
I’m still new to Wappler, so perhaps I’m doing something dumb. :rofl:

I’ve got a text input selected. I wanted to add validation rules, so I clicked on the PLUS (+) inside the circle beside “Validation Rules” (VR).
The first time I clicked the VR it added a checkbox and made my field Required.

Okay, great.
The next time I clicked on the VR + it does nothing.
It just turns from a circle with a gray outline into a blue outline. But, no other validation options appear. Nothing happens.

I’ve tried in Design and Code windows. I’ve restarted the program.
Please help?
Thanks,
Jeff

What type of form element is it? Wappler will only show you valid validation options.

It’s a tel input.
I wanted to add maximum characters, etc.

I notice in your screenshot you have it as type=‘tel’. This already has validation for valid formatting for telephone numbers. To be able to manually set more validations you will need to set the field type back to ‘text’.

I just tried setting it back to text type, then saved it.
Still nothing happens when I click the (+).

Might need to refresh the page? Text type should give you full options.

What happens if you remove the required validation?

Also make sure when you changed it back to text that the code actually changed.

@sophos707 is right though, there is some kind of bug here. I had a text input i just tested and all the normal validation options come up the first time you press it. But once you’ve chosen one thing, pressing the button as he described it does not bring up the UI menu.

Perhaps you should raise a bug report.

I can’t replicate this as it seems to work fine for me on a Mac. I have changed this topic to be a bug report.

1 Like

Okay, so thinking it was a bug, I rechecked the code after switching to type=text.
I noticed that the type=“text” was missing from the code.

So, I manually added that, and now it seems work.

Thanks for your help! Does seem it’s a bug, but manually adding that is a workaround.

1 Like

Glad it’s working for you. Good luck.

1 Like