V1.9.2 Design Panel Content Not Visible

Wappler Version : v1.9.2
Operating System : Windwos 10 v1809

Expected behavior

after attaching the CSS, design panel should display the content/properties to edit, like this:

I created a new test project on wappler 1.9.2 and it works fine.

Actual behavior

in my existing project, attached a css but seeing this blank panel:

How to reproduce

• attach an existing CSS file to an existing project after updating to Wappler v1.9.2
  • select any element to see a blank design panel.

I have checked on the css file name and how it is being added in the code view in both test project and actual project.
i have added some random proeprties in the test project components to see hwo the CSS is being formed - it is just default CSS, same as the CSS from our existing project.

pressing refresh doesn’t works!

so, unable to figure out the problem.

this is really crippling the work flow!!!

help please.

1 Like

Could you attach the custom css file you are using? And also a Wappler debug log if possible.

have sent both over DM @George

1 Like

Error is because of some selectors in the css that Wappler doesn’t understand, already working on a fix. Expect to have it fixed in the next update.

1 Like

Hi @patrick I know you are working hard on this fix, are you saying we will have to wait till next week’s update? Or will the next update be sooner?

The temporally fix is just to use a clean custom style css that Wappler produced itself.

The current problem is if attach an overcomplicated css style file as custom file, Wappler will have trouble parsing it and that will result in empty panel.

As Patrick say we will be able to handle that in the next update.

For now just choose simple css file - or let Wappler create it. It is just for the custom styling made by Wappler anyway.

2 Likes

OK @George thanks for the info. I can happily cope with that now I know what the issue is. Cheers.

1 Like

FYI, the CSS which is creating problems (i verified by removing those lines from CSS & voila it was working) is basically the CSS of the range slider generated as per guidance from (Value an range slider).
what the irony! :laughing:

anyways, glad that issue was found and will be fixed next week. can totally live with that.

This was improved in v1.9.3

1 Like