Using Wappler on Linux

Am very happy in the server environment using the console but moving over to desktop is a different thing… Last time I did this was around 2000, twenty years ago (around the Debian Potato release period)… Damn didn’t realise how long it has been!

Would like to hear from anyone who has Wappler running under the desktop Linux environment… Any issues…? @George @Teodor have you guys anything to add, or maybe @patrick?

Thanks in advance!

No issues at all runs perfectly on Ubuntu

We actually have quite a few Linux users already @dserber , @jowhiskey

1 Like

Yes, i have one Linux machine with Wappler installed. I confess it is my No. 4 system (Windows Desktop/ Windows laptop/mac/Linux but i have never had any issues with it

1 Like

Hi dave!
Using Ubuntu with Wappler for now, works fine!
What Linux distro do you intend to use?

1 Like

Thanks @George @Hyperbytes @jowhiskey

I’ll likely stick with Debian Jo. I like the fact that its not deployed with a load of applications that could cause issues, and in the past releases have always been stable with very few issues (updating has always been simple). I’m not one for the most feature rich desktops as I’d rather up my productivity instead of worrying about tweaking some useless dashboard gizmo. Like I mentioned am happy enough in the console so when it comes to drivers and the like I have no worries about any learning curve. Just fed up of all the distractions I have in Windows, and it forcing updates upon me in the middle of meetings and the start of a busy work-day, ever had a meeting about to start and you open up your laptop to find it is updating… Damn that is annoying! :wink: Other factors are removing the reliability upon products such as the Adobe Creative Clouds provisions. I’m lucky as the subscriptions are covered by the company I work for but still I cringe every-time we get charged as I know I could be using something else for free and probably have a lot greater control over the output. I’ve heard Gimp has come a long way these days? And there are plenty of other packages suitable as replacements for the main part (can always throw in a months subscription if I desperately need something for a specific job). Was just interested to hear from other users running Linux and Wappler so am aware of any possible issues but it all sounds great! Shouldn’t have expected anything less really.

Appreciate the replies as always. Thanks again.

:slight_smile: