Using Oracle Cloud server with Resource Manager

concluding the configuration I go to check the opening of the port (as you suggested in the tutorial) and I notice that the only open port is 22. I don’t know if it’s normal and I should pretend nothing happened, or I should worry

Great! So all fine now?

Unfortunately not yet, because if I click on the orange property triangle it gives me an error
And then there is always the problem of ports IP remaining closed
I don’t think the site can work with the ports IP closed

Schermata 2023-10-08 alle 15.26.05

Well seems you have multiple test projects running on this server and they conflict with each other, so make sure you use the same docker name or remove the already running ones first.

Yes but I can’t figure out how to solve it.
I searched the project and also tried resetting Docker Desktop
But I can’t understand where it is possible to intervene

But how did you end up with two? Did you created a new project or do you plan to run two or more projects on the same server?

I had created a first instance in Oracle which I then terminated to start a new instance from scratch. but now only this instance is present in Oracle, although I think it is possible to have multiple instances within the same account

Yes you have a single server but seems like you have published multiple Wappler projects on it

Yes but then I deleted them

Well the old docker projects are still running on your server.

You can probably also see them when you expand the projects tree branch under your server in Resource manager.

So you have to manually delete them first or reinstall your server to be clean.

Stopping and cleaning up running docker containers can be done with few commands in the server SSH terminal:

It doesn’t seem to work, or I didn’t understand how to proceed.
I open mac terminal (or wappler terminal?)

$ Docker Stop $ (Docker PS -A -q).
Response a3461ddacc71

$ Docker Remove $ (Docker PS -A -Q)
A3461DDACC71

But it doesn’t seem to solve

This test target remote

`Testing Docker Connection …
Client:
Version: 24.0.6
Context: default
Debug Mode: false
Plugins:
buildx: Docker Buildx (Docker Inc.)
Version: v0.11.2-desktop.5
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-buildx
compose: Docker Compose (Docker Inc.)
Version: v2.22.0-desktop.2
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-compose
dev: Docker Dev Environments (Docker Inc.)
Version: v0.1.0
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-dev
extension: Manages Docker extensions (Docker Inc.)
Version: v0.2.20
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-extension
init: Creates Docker-related starter files for your project (Docker Inc.)
Version: v0.1.0-beta.8
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-init
sbom: View the packaged-based Software Bill Of Materials (SBOM) for an image (Anchore Inc.)
Version: 0.6.0
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-sbom
scan: Docker Scan (Docker Inc.)
Version: v0.26.0
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-scan
scout: Docker Scout (Docker Inc.)
Version: v1.0.7
Path: /Users/edimg/.docker/cli-plugins/docker-scout

Server:
ERROR: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at tcp://204.216.215.217:2375. Is the docker daemon running?
errors pretty printing info
Error Occurred Testing Docker Connection!
`

You are executing those commands locally on your pc - you should connect to the SSH Terminal of the Oracle server self and execute them there - just as you did with the iptables commands.

The SSH terminal for the server is available in Wappler Resource Manager, when you right click on the imported Oracle server, you should see Open SSH Terminal in the context menu.

Hi George
After a thousand vicissitudes following the instructions of another site, I managed to eliminate non -operational containers
Miraculously now I can publish the Index page both on a local and on the web remote, even if with the problems of a non -safe site
However I find some problems that I think are due to the lack of opening of the ports

1 problem
I have searched several times, in Resources Manager to configure Portainer and Traefik, but I can’t save and therefore restart are no longer present

2 problem
Strangely, I can perform the uoload on the remote and publish on the web, but if I click on tests in the remote target tab, give me error
In this regard it seems like a problem of doors

Just use the updated Traefik guide:

And don’t worry about the test - it is the old testing procedures for docker machines that is not updated yet for the Resource Manager usage.

I had already set up the creation of portainer and traefik, including deleting the port and replacing the IP address with the domain URL, also because it is the same as the previous procedure
The problem arises at the time of deployment

Schermata 2023-10-09 alle 19.00.30

Is your docker desktop running? And server accessible for deploy as before?

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to deploy Traefik on Oracle cloud server via Resource Manager