Using 2.9.1 and 3.0.0 beta 1 This Week - Do I Need Two Laptops?

So I’d like to continue to develop on 2.9.1 but be able to give feedback on 3.0.0…

I presume I need two laptops to be able to do that?

On a Mac, not sure about PC, I just installed 3 as another application without it taking over 2.9.1 and before opening i compressed my document root folders I am currently working on with todays date so I can go back and forth if needs be.
I think if you have a copy of your old project pre 3 you should be okay, however i would not make an alt to your project in 3 and then try reopen your modded document in 2 as all the components will be updated to newer versions.

That’s called branching in GIT…right @Teodor? :rofl:

2 Likes

Mwahahahha, I got a branch for you, its inside a zip, lol lol lol

1 Like

D:/sites/
/27.01.2019 08:00
/27.01.2019 08:00 copy
/27.01.2019 08:00 copy copy

3 Likes

Kindly implement.

I need my rofls and my sarcasm emojis as reactions. You know why.

There aren’t really much breaking changes between 3.0.0 and the last 2.9.1 @Antony
So just install it on top - and if you get in trouble can always switch back and install the old version.

Regular server connect and app connect files are the same so there aren’t any updates for your websites.
Its all in the UI and the NodeJS - but you will be probbably making new projects for it to try it out.

3 Likes

or a hyper-v session

I alway do a fresh install and keep versions of Wappler just in case I need to roll back.
Kept me out trouble for a while.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 05.59.28

1 Like

I was doing some clean up in Git Kraken (my to-go GIT client) thinking about branches and stuff and it just struck me. The joke…not the branch you b*#5t4rd!

5 hours later I started to laugh out loud alone like an idiot :smiley:

Don’t forget to try tomorrow GIT. I know it can be daunting but I trust you won’t choke on morning branches.

1 Like

I’ve still not quite worked out GIT yet…

Hahaha, thats hysterical, lol.

I promise I will test it out, I am pretty sure it will be something useful once I actually get into it.

1 Like