User Restrict on Page to Page basis

Hello Everyone,

I was working on user restrictions and permissions, where I am basically trying to check if a user has an access to a certain page and restrict them accordingly.

For this I have created two tables in my database which are -
Permission table - this table has 2 major identifier columns, 1. Primary key, 2 permission name
Access Table - which has a primary key, user id as foreign key and the foreign key of permissions table.

Now, In user restrict I put the following conditions and it does work properly for one page, But I don’t want to set the condition of permission access as static but make it dynamic by passing a variable in their, is this possible and if so how can I do it?

any help would be much appreciated, thank you so much

regards,
mohit

There is no option to make such dynamic access control in the security provider setup.
We use a custom setup, where security provider is just used to log a user in, security restrict is used to ensure their session, and a custom query which uses the security identity value to determine if they have access to the requested resource.

1 Like

Would love to get this done…

In the meantime, as Sid notes you can create a library action to include on pages needing a specific restriction.

1 Like

These feature has been requested for years now, @patrick Any possibility on having this in the near future?

1 Like