Use mysql stored in paged query

The Database Paged Query is a great thing!

Is there a way to use mysql stored functions in the Query options?

Sure, you can use the Custom Query action.

Did try this :wink:
And the usual SELECT works OK.

But I ran into another problem:

I tried to replicate the paging with a LIMIT :P1,:P2 at the end of the SELECT:

This gets me an syntax error, cause Wappler puts ’ around the values:

Any idea, how to avoid this?

Hmmm, this basic select is working for me (also using maria)

Hi mebingken,
I’m sorry but I tried to make a new database custom query following your advice.
If I click the run button the old error message comes up:

I also double checked the type of the offset and limit in the $_GET. They are numeric:

Maybe I should tell you that I’m using node.JS within a local Docker.

Any idea what to try next ?

Thank you very much !

The variable types in input are just to help with formatters etc in the action picker UIs. It does not mean that the value will be of that type.

You can try to use something like {{$_GET.limit.toNumber()}} to convert the input value to number explicitly.

Same problem with your suggestion.

But meanwhile I tried my sample using PHP instead of node.js, and it’s working OK there.

I hardly believe it to be a bug regarding the node.js model.

Being pretty new here: how to have this checked as possible bug and flag it this way?

Thank you!

It could be a NodeJS specific bug.
I don’t have a NodeJS project to check with immediately. Maybe @mebeingken has. You can mark the topic as Bug and the @wapplerteam will probably take a look at it after the break.

It’s very possible I used php. But you’ve already done enough to warrant a bug report. Seems clear to me. To make sure it gets visibility, I’d create a new topic in the bug category, give a few details, and paste a link to this thread. Thanks for supporting the cause!