Use Modal to submit form

I’m trying to use a modal as a verification before submitting a form. Previously I just added a static event to verify

Instead I would like to have the Modal pop up with “verify data” then showing text from the document.

I changed the button to default and added a dynamic event to open the modal with info but I can’t figure out how to get the “save cghanges” button to submit the form or “close” to go back. It seems the original button is still submitting the form.

Click on the Save Changes button in the modal and then click on dynamic events. Click on the plus sign and choose Mouse and then Click. Then click on the data picker and look for the your form and double click on submit to add that to the right side of the screen. Then click on select.

1 Like

In the standard modal template the Submit button is actually outside then form so doesn’t submit correctly. You either need to move the button inside the form or add a dynamic click event to the button click form1.submit() (substituting your form name)
The modal itself has a dynamic event hide() which can define an action when the modal is closed/hidden where you can add a modal1.hide().
Is this what you wanted?

1 Like

Both of these were very helpful @Hyperbytes I figured out the part where it needed to be in the form through trial and error. I was able to create my first ever modal. In the dynamic action of the button I even send the data I want verified in the modal then the user can accept or close without saving. Very neat! I was almost there on my own but @scott pushed me over he finish line. Thanks to both of you