Use global variable in formatter or other AC expression

Is it possible to use a globally set variable in the Server Connect settings as a value in an App Connect expression?

For example: If a currency variable is set globally, it could be used as a condition to show the specific currency depending on this variable and get the price in that currency from the db. However, I can’t find a global variable like that in the AC UI.

1 Like

Hi @Emiel,

My understanding is that server variables, including the global ones operate only on the server side and not the App Connect side.

What you might be able to do is set the global variables that you want for the currency and then use them in the API action step to output the result to the App Connect side.

For example, set the variables you want to use. Create a database query with the condition set to the variable you created. Then you can show the result from the server action to the App Structure using server connect on the page. You might have to use conditions on the server side to show the specific currency in question.

Thanks @scott, I already thought they were only available in SC and the conditional database query can be a solution in some cases indeed.

However, it would come in handy if a globally set variable would be available in AC (formatters for example) too. @Teodor will this feature be added in the future you think?

Been a long term feature request to make server sessions available easily in app connect…

Thanks Brian, voted for it!