URL type input field expecting an email?! 🧐

Guys,
How can I debug this? I get this unexpected email validation error yet I did not set up any. This field expects a url.

All my input field has is a URL type, no validation rules whatsoever, whether it be on the client or sever side.

How does the html look like?

What if you remove ‘data-rule-email’ from the code?

Good catch, it all works well now that i removed data-rule-email=""

<input id="inp_media1" name="media1" class="form-control" placeholder="Your #1 url" data-rule-email="" type="url">

I guess it happened when I duplicated my email field for making my next 3 url fields quick. But changing the validation rule did not replace old email rule with new url rule. Is it something to look at by the Team?

1 Like

I doubt it is. Wappler has dozens of these little issues. You soon figure out that reviewing the source code is a good idea when you’ve got issues.

I get it, but very difficult for no coders like me who got drawn to Wappler for the full flexibility of their low/no code tool but know zero code alas.

I totally agree with you. I’ve had 30+ years in development so I’m technical. I just picked wappler up to play with it and have now built a new SAAS business as a result… But it took me 6 months to get there. In 2 days time it’s my 1 year anniversary. Only now do I consider myself to be a master Wappler.

1 Like

It will be one year for me in Feb, but wappler is a side project, not full time. Still a lot to learn! :stuck_out_tongue:
Would be nice if once a year wappler paused their big updates and spent time doing some clean-up. It would benefit everyone, not just rookies like me.

I totally agree. It would benefit them. Frankly, wappler needs to raise about $50M in funding and build a business. Last week Webflow raised another $140M at a $2.1BN valuation.

But I don’t feel wappler has experienced business people or a suitable board. As a result, they’ll miss the low/no-code ship as it will have sailed in a year or two.

But I still love it.

Let’s see what happens this year…
I picked Wappler after a 6-month no code market analysis because I could not find any other tool that matched its ultra flexibility. Now however, I see Bildr as a serious competitor.
Still Wappler has an edge to me: full Stripe integration - a world’s first.

1 Like

Well, unless you guys finding these dozens of little issues start reporting them, we may never find them :slight_smile:
So if you find dozens of issues, please file proper bug reports so we can fix them, thanks.

I can even find issues where there are no issues. :crossed_fingers: :interrobang:

However, NO CODE will not exist until AI has been around for another 10 years.

I immediately examine the code. Never ever expecting that any web design tool can deliver perfection when Users like me are at the controls.

Fortunately, Wappler in code view shows a lot of helpful warnings like missing tag closes & where I should be looking.

And it is a necessity to read the html code and see what each Wappler property appended or prefixed or wrapping or “binding” a value is doing to aid or prevent some view or action in the user"s browser.

Well I did report this issue. Or is it not?
But if no one picks up on it, I consider it is ignored and I move on.
… and I don’t bother reporting other equivalent little issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

You replied to yourself instead of @Teodor
(he’s tagged now, so he’ll receive the notification)

1 Like

This is what I’ve reported as what’s seems like an issue.