Uploading Single File

I have been trying to create and HTML uploader. I found both the tutorial as well as the YouTube video. However, at the point of doing the server connect coding, I get lost. And in the end, the uploader does not work. I am able to locate the file to upload, but the SUBMIT button does nothing, which seems to be related to the server connect piece that must be miscoded.

Here is where the tutorial moves over to Server Connect:

And here is what I see in Wappler:

I am supposed to create and name a server action:

But I don’t know where to create it:

So after trying several things, CREATE NEW under the API folder. Then I am supposed to add Form name to Global Inpute Properties, which I can’t find.

So I add the input properties to the uploader I created in the API folder:

Save my Server Action, and move back over the the upload page.

And here’s mine:

At this point, it should run, though I did go through and add a success notification. But as I said, the file does not upload.

Thanks.

can we have screen shots of what you have in the steps section of your server action? im not sure if I followed the feed right but it sounded like you added the globals to the action saved it and left it at that which won’t work as you need the upload file step

Here is a better screen grab as it shows the whole Server Connection piece

https://docs.wappler.io/t/debugging-server-connect-errors/2857 id advise looking into this to pin point the error if you have only just created this have you hit the save button in the api section just under the steps bar opposite the plus (easy to miss or forget sometimes)

Sure I’ll take a look at that.

My confusion is that the Wappler interface is different in the tutorial(s) than in the current product. Can you confirm that I created the upload action under API is the right place for it?

Frankly, the tutorial in its present state is only marginally useful and very confusing since it doesn’t relate to what I am actually looking at.

yes the actions do belong under the api section in the api section you can make folders etc if you want but it is in the right area

I got it working. On Input Properties, the Form was pointing to the wrong ID name. I had changed the form ID name to something intuitive and did not re-import it into the Input Properties.

1 Like