Upload files to Amazon S3 or Digital Ocean Spaces

I’d like files uploaded directly to Amazon S3 or to DigitalOcean Spaces as opposed to a local folder within my site directory.

My reason for wanting to do this is that I’d like for uploaded files to be encrypted at rest and I believe Amazon S3 and DigitalOcean Spaces (or DigitalOcean Block Storage Volumes) offers encryption at rest out of the box.

Is there a way that I can set my upload path to a folder that is outside of my site directory?

Thanks!

That is a very good request and very useful indeed specially when you need your files to be distributed with CDN

We will see what we can do about it

6 Likes

Thanks for upgrading this to a feature request, @George!

Also, being able to download files from a folder outside of the site directory would go along very nicely with an upload feature like this. I believe there is a version of that already being discussed on another feature request thread.

Any news on this @George? Is there a chance this will be implemented anytime soon? As a BIG fan and user of DO Spaces this would be a major addition to the Wappler feature list in my opinion and I am sure I am not the only one that thinks so!! :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

Another feature request here… Upload Files to API via Server Connect

Yes, yes, yes…

I am going to need S3 integration in the next month at the latest and will have to write my own PHP otherwise…

… Am just leaving big gaps in my app where files are used in the hope this will happen in Wappler asap!