Upload Fails Due To Space Between Folder Names

I know that it is best to not use spaces between file and folder names. However, this site was built almost 2.5 years ago with gaps between folder names and all worked very well, until… I had to make some recent additions and structural changes.

Now I’m getting errors that previously were not thrown, and the saved file uploads fail. The process adds the %20 (space), and of course there is no such directory structure on the remote. So the upload to the server fails.

However, I can execute a ‘Publish’ and there are no problems with the uploads to these same folders. The Publish process just takes longer… :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure if this is an intentional change, or if it is a small ‘bug’ … I thought I would ask before I track down the large number of folder name changes.

If it is not a bug, and will be the law of the land with the new editor, I will begin to close up the gaps.

Until then, I’ll await until I get an answer.

Good one - will check it out.

But as a general practice avoid the usage of spaces in file names - it makes them look terrible as URL’s

3 Likes

Yeah… these were all Server Action folders. I’ve tried to slip a %20 in place of the space. Unfortunately it’s not working with save either.

Thanks for the advice!

oh for Server Connect actions it is even worse to have spaces in the folder names. See your Server Connect as your own API. It looks really weird to have spaces in API calls…

1 Like

So, should I just bite the bullet and replace all the spaces with an underscore or just remove the space?

It seems it would be a nightmare at this point to verify all the links. Would I have to verify all the links, or would Wappler reorganize all of my changes?

Apparently the only thing that’s happening at this time is the save issue. If I use the Publish, it seems to ignore the space issue and uploads the files with no problems.

For naming conventions maybe follow this guide:

https://restfulapi.net/resource-naming/

If you rename a folder in server connect - the action itself will be changed but you have to rename all the usage links in the various html pages manually …

Fixed in Wappler 2.4.5

2 Likes

You guys are great. I appreciate the dedication and work ethic!

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.