Upgrade Stripe Card Details Interface From Legacy "Card Element" to Recommended "Payment Element"

Stripe has recently upgraded the layout possibilities for it’s “Stripe Elements” card details feature which Wappler integrates with.

The look and feel has historically been based on what they called “Card Element”, which looks like this:

legacy

This has an inherent useability issue in that the postcode field is off-page until the card number is entered, and I’m finding a number of my client’s clients don’t manage to work this out… and it is causing my clients some stress.

Stripe has recently upgraded their Stripe Elements offering, and this “Card Element” interface is now listed as “Legacy”. Their new system is called “Payment Element”, and the layout is much more flexible to avoid this issue. You can see the overview here:

It seem that Wappler v5 implements the old “Card Element” interface… so

This is a feature request for Wappler to move to offering the “Payment Element” interface instead.

I need to implement this in the coming few weeks, so it would be really handy to know from @George as to whether this could come quite quickly or may take a while.

Many thanks!
Antony.

Coincidentally, I received a message from Stripe after you submitted your request (perhaps you received this too):

1 Like

An update on this topic…

The old Card Element interface is now no longer listed even as a legacy element, so the Wappler implementation is clearly very out of date.

My client’s clients are asking to be able to use Apple Pay which the existing Wappler solution doesn’t support according to the documentation below…

@george, I’d love to know roughly when we can expect this to be brought up to date!