Updating a 2 year old project to new Wappler flows, etc

I am confused.

I have to go back and update a 2 year old php, mysql database multi-page form with login security.

So I’ve dragged in all relevant files & folders from OLD Wappler & updated the hidden .wappler folder file project settings to correspond to a Wappler 4.4.5 project .

All of the previous json & php connection files work fine.

But now I want to conform the old project to the newest workflows views.
Obviously I want to use scripts that work perfectly already on the hosting server.

I don’t have an extra day to separately track what files and folders a Workflow is saved and broken up into which were handled in OLD Wappler to access a database, run a login query to open a table to verify a password value, then grant permission to see the next page with available tables to populate client sensitive table fields & then use some of them to pre-populate a form which is saved to a different table on submit – etc.

With Old Wappler I knew where the php & json & queries, etc were saved that would enable this string of server & browser actions to execute per page.

Now I see the old Connections show up like this –

My previous actions show up in the API view. And then the Steps view shows me more particulars & then on to the actual Query I created.

I don’t know whether to just leave my working pages as is and then use the Work Flows & API as outlined in the latest documents to ADD to the existing pages any new actions – or whether I must take steps from the beginning to CONVERT all of my old Connections with Action Steps into the new Wappler Flow method.

Is there a procedure for breaking down my old wappler code into the new FLOW & API compatability?

For those of you who have already solved this dilemma – Updating OLD (PHP in this case) Wappler generated actions into the files & specific new folders now utilized in 4.4.5 – I’d appreciate any time-saving tips.

:face_with_monocle:

There is actually nothing to update. Everything will just work as is.

The server connect just displays more folders and your regular server connect actions are under the API root.

Db Connections are also available globally so no need for the extra connection step in each file. But if you have it it won’t hurt.

So, George, the actual stream of connection code & queries after those connections is still WRITTEN in the same folders as the 3+ versions of Wappler?

In other words, the GLOBALS tab now lists all of the separate action files that are stored in the Action Files/API tab – and the steps are split up visually into the Steps Tab and then expanded into the separate Properties tab where we defined the queries.

For some reason I’m not getting the exact step that I used to use to Auto-Generate a Bootstrap Form on the page where I’ve already attached the connection and server action which calls up the table & fields query saved for this whole Flow.

Also, I have done a Search in Docs and cannot find a reference to SEED.

Yes all folders existed before, they just weren’t visible.

So nothing in the project folder structure is changed.

2 Likes

That’s the mystery that plagued my mind. Thank you George for the clarification. Now I can rest my concerns regarding these update requests.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to go through all that. My personal portfolio sure was built during the Wappler pre release days and I just recently made some changes to it with a V4 of Wappler and nothing broke.

2 Likes