Updated event triggering on page load

I have an administrative page that loads 1,000ish rows, each with a select element. The intended behavior is that when any element is changed, a server connect update routine is run. I’m using the updated dynamic event to trigger this, as the on change does not yield the new value. Generally, this is working, however with the following anomaly:

A few of the select elements trigger the updated event on page load (no user interaction), which triggers unnecessary updates to the server, along with their corresponding success notifications.

Here is my select element:

And the end of the network log:

The elements that trigger this are not always the same, and you can see that while the page loads quickly, the last couple of entries are ~50 seconds later…all without any user interaction.

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or perhaps an alternative approach?

Thanks!

@Teodor Anything you can help with here?

Hi @mebeingken
Does this also happen if you set your “Not Set” option selected by default?

Yes, no change in behavior when setting Not set to selected. Also, this happens on another page where there are no static options set on the element, it only has dynamic options.

1 Like

We are going to check this.
The event needs to be triggered every time the dynamic data is loaded, but indeed we need to improve it for the initial load.

1 Like

Thanks @Teodor,

I haven’t found a way around this, so still hoping a solution can be found.

Hi @patrick,

Is this something being evaluated for an upcoming release?

Thanks!

Could you test with this updated file

dmxAppConnect.zip (17.1 KB)

This has been improved in Wappler 2.1.6
There’s a changed event available now, which should be used in your case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.