Update the database using Wappler and now it wont connect Wappler Freezes


Anyone else having issues I Updated the database in Wappler Using Node and MySQL by adding 2 new tables in the current version 3.7.4, on upload it got stuck with the following message. Wappler then becomes unusable.

query stuck

I had to close it down and restart and then the database comes up but without the updated new tables - which do exists. Looking at the database thorough Navicat it updated. as expected and the changes are listed in Wappler.

I hit refresh or make any change and then I get this "Query Database Sche… spinner. - have to close down Wappler again to restart and unfreeze it.

When I restart and check the database on first load it is all OK…

But hit refresh with the hope it will show the new tables I get the same.

It is unusable at the moment, just by adding a 2 new tables.

How do I fix this??

I was tearing my hair off with this all night yesterday… not sure what’s going on. But inside your project after you backup what you need, get rid of /.wappler migrations and connections, make sure you have a db name even if your connection is OK, and try again.

I also removed Wappler and installed it again.

1 Like

Hi @izzy

Thanks for that.

I removed the migrations from the file and from the database record and no joy :weary:

So I removed the database connection after the above and then just resaved the database again from the main project Targets and it worked.

Connection new and now all working again!

1 Like

Hi @StevenM I’m having the same problem, reported as a bug here.

@George tagging due to another user having this issue, but also StevenM found a way to resolve which might help in debugging.

1 Like


could you click on the error “Unable to connect…” to see the detailed error below in the properties panel?

Hi @George

No the whole of Wappler was frozen. The only thing I could do was close it from the main menu.


Just had the same today (Node/ Windows 10) when adding a new table to an existing database via table manager

This happens only if you have chosen the specific MySQL 8 db type in your connection.

But it will be all solved in the update tomorrow.


Yes I use MySQL 8 and get the same error. Change the option to MySQL / MariaDB fixes the issue. I wonder how in every update, when you fix problems and add new features, there’d be random unrelated new bugs emerge.

This has been fixed in Wappler 3.7.5

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.