Update multiple tables

Windows 10 pro, PHP, MySql
I have a page that pulls data from multiple tables using a custom query. I’ve been searching through the community and the docs for the best way to go about updating the data. In the Action Steps I can find a Update Multiple but from what I’ve read that is for updating multiple items in one table.

The Update step won’t take a custom query and will only allow me to select from one table. I found somewhere where it was suggested that the way to do this is to create multiple steps (one for each table) which seems terrible ineffecient.

When I try to add the Bootstrap Form Generator to my existing page I get the error message No $_POST Input fields found etc.

What is the correct way to make this happen. If I have to do multiple steps for each table do I have a separate form and submit for each?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks .

The way to do this is to add separate update record steps for the different tables you want to update data into.

1 Like

Thanks Teodor. Do I have a separate form for each step with separate submit buttons? Or will one form activate all the steps for each table?

You just need one form for this.

Thanks.