Update Form Autoloading Populated Data

I used the form generator for an update form. I must have failed somewhere because the form is pre-populated before the edit button is clicked from the table list.

The update process works perfectly. It’s just having a populated form prior to clicking the edit button is rocking my boat.

Any suggestions of how to remedy this?

Thanks!

The form is pre-populated from a data source. That way, the unchanged values will also be submitted.

Edit: The thing that makes me wonder: why, when the populate field already contains the data source, does the value column also repeat the data source?? Not that it a worrying fact, but it would look a lot cleaner if the value read galleryName instead of ddGallery.data.galleryName. Maybe @Teodor can explain.

Thanks Ben…

I assumed the form would be empty until the edit button in the list was clicked. At which time the id would then be assigned to the query. Which leads me to believe I must have missed typed something. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you forgot to add the no auto load checkbox when you added the server connect step to the App Structure.

So you should have a query that does auto load all your data on page load with the ids assigned to the edit buttons.
Then a second query that gets all the data of a single record filtered by clicked id that is set to no auto load.

If you are using a variable to set the values in the form when a record is clicked, just add a static value to this variable - for example 0. This way no data will be loaded in the form in load.

Thanks guys!

I tried everything you guys recommended… no change.

Then I finally saw the cause to the pre-population of the form! It was cause by me mistakenly selecting the ‘list server connect’ rather than the ‘detail server connect’ … After some 30-50 minutes of retracing steps of my work, BOOM, there it was!