Update database data in a repeat

Hello family,
I really need help with updating database data in a repeat region. I know how to update a single record in a database but I can’t update data that is in a repeat region (table or a row).
I’ve searched the entire community and tutorials but still can’t figure it out.
I have records in a repeat and have a button which is to update the selected record from the repeat but I don’t know how to achieve this.
Please all suggestions will be appreciated

This sounds like you need to use the multi record update action. Check this:

OK let me clarify things here;
I have a row which repeats children and I have a button under each element which is to single select a record or data and pass it to the update page with it id. The update page contains a form which is meant to update the data and the form needs to be populated by the record selected from the list page.

Well then you don’t want to update the data in the repeat region as your title and first post say?
If you are using a separate update record page with a form, then you can just pass the record ID in the URL on the form page. Then on the update page use this URL param value to update your record.

Well I’ve been doing that but the form doesn’t get populated by the record selected, although the ID of the record get selected and can be seen in the URL on the update page.

Then provide more details about how is your update page set up, how is your server action populating the form set up and how is your update form set up.
Posting a topic and asking for help without providing detailed info on what exactly are you doing is not really useful for both you and us :slight_smile:

Not with my Laptop now. I will post screenshot when I’m with my laptop soon

I don’t know how but I managed to get this work :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like