Unable to unzip

OS info

• Operating System : Mac OSX 21.2.0
  • Wappler Version : 4.4.5

Problem description

Unable to unzip files. Output says {“unzip”:true} however nothing appeared to happen with the unzip.

Steps to reproduce

1. Upload a ZIP File to desired folder
  2. Create server connect API action and choose Unzip. Choose any folder within /public as destination, doesn’t matter. Enable output for Unzip step.
  3. Run the Server connect API and you’ll see {“unzip”:true} but the ZIP file has not been unzipped.

I also notice in the zip.js code, it has a TODO comment for the overwrite feature. Is this module not written completely yet?

Try choosing the folder “public”. If it works, it’s related to another bug:

Sorry I should have said “Choose any folder within the Public Folder”. I’ve tried both the Public folder and the uploads directory I’ve created for the production environment however both seem to do nothing when the unzip occurrs.

Could you please state what server model are you using? Also how is your project setup? With docker?
And what is the target directory for the unzip?

Hi George,

I’m currently using NodeJS version 16, setup with Docker.

The Directory I’m trying to extract to is /public/uploads/temp/stats/chats.
I’m currently using the User uploads directory and have tried having the uploads folder both inside and outside the public folder.

OK so I’ve just fired up a new Project to test further using PHP/Apache and the unzip worked successfully. It looks like it could just be an issue when using NodeJS?

Try the following update, unzip to lib/modules.

zip.zip (1.1 KB)

That worked! Thanks for much Patrick :slight_smile:
I’m loving Wappler, haven’t had to ask any questions in the community yet, but what a sigh of relief to know there’s really prompt help when I need it!

2 Likes

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.5

This topic was automatically closed after 30 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.