Unable to set Web Root Folder

Wappler: 5.5.3
Server: PHP

When I go to install it I get this message:

But when I try to set the Web Root Folder, it just leaves the field blank and the extensions doesn’t like it:

If I click on a sub-folder within the site then it stores it like this:

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I’ve never used the Web Root Folder setting before.

It’s a new project. Don’t do that to yourself :joy:

Hehe. It’s not a new project I’m afraid.

Oh damn. I thought you were creating a new one to test the extension! You are doomed then.

My faith in your extension is strong enough to try it on a real project. :wink:

Oh! You are not just doomed then. You are certainly and royally screwed.

May I remind you that:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

2 Likes

When specifying a web root folder and you didn’t had any before, means that all your files will be moved to this sub folder.

So usually you call it www or similar.

This is needed specially for extensions as we are installing node_modules that you don’t need in your php root project but just outside.

All new future projects will always have their web root in sub folder to allow next to extensions all kind of other publishing and minification tools.

1 Like

So if I now specify a web root folder (‘www’ for example), will it move everything into that folder and will it all still work? And if it’s a PHP project, do I just make sure I FTP the web root folder only to the public_html folder?

There’s no hurry with this, @George. You’re supposed to be off :wink:

Yes that is exactly what it will do

1 Like

I tried this yesterday. Made a folder called “webroot”. Then installed JonL extension. Cancelled somewhere halfway. All files were back in place where the were befor and JonL extension was neatly installed in js folder.
Working like a charm.

Can you expand on that bit?

It wil start copying all files to the “webroot” folder. This takes a while though. If you cancel this operation after a minute or so, all files will be placed back where they were, but the extension will be in the js-folder. You can delete the “webroot” folder after this.
extensionlocation

1 Like

Well if you have a lot of files, it will take longer to copy them all to the new subfolder. We have a safe guard to remove the old files only after a successful copy first. So cancelling will do eventually not much. So it is better to wait for full completion.

1 Like