Unable to Connect to Existing Postgres Database

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect the postgresql database of my current site to a new project in Wappler but after I submit the credentials, I am met with “Error Connecting. All configuration methods failed.”

I don’t know what I am doing wrong. All the published video guides I have found are making new databases or using MySQL or something of that nature.

I just want to connect the PostgreSQL database we are currently using to Wappler to build out a new web app. I’m open to instructions on how to copy the database into a new one into Wappler as well because something odd is happening with the site that suggests something is potentially off with the architecture we are moving away from.

Any ideas?

Could you add a screenshot where you get this error?

yes! thank you!

Under Database, I enter a new database name, select Postgres (we have a Postgresql DB live), enter Host, user, and my actual database name

Under SSH, I enter Host, port, user, passphrase

I am able to use these exact credentials on VScode but it doesn’t connect here for some reason

Aha seems the ssh connection is going wrong.

What OS is exactly the server you are ssh-ing to?

Also what kind of key are you using?

Ubuntu

It’s a digital ocean droplet

What type? I’m not sure, I was taught how to do it through VScode a while back.

Is there a way to connect VScode to Wappler

Otherwise I do not have the technical know how to do much else

I want to connect my current database and build a new app with Wappler no code (as possible anyway)

How did you created it? Is it maybe Ubuntu 22?

it was an open source project some folks helped put up over a year ago. I’m rebuilding with Wappler on my own. Sorry about that, I was pulled away

Description: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Release: 20.04

A post was split to a new topic: Update from Basic to Pro subscription

The database connection still isn’t working after my Wappler upgrade, I’m afraid

I tested the credentials with another app and was able to connect to the database so I know it’s not that. I don’t know what I’m missing

Make sure you have the right ssh user, don’t think it is root and check your ssh key

1 Like

I haven’t ever used a key myself, I usually just access remotely. I was able to do it remotely again on another app.
Is it technically possible for me to extract all the data onto a csv file or something similar, make a new database on Wappler, and import it that way? I’m looking for some instructions to do that although all user passwords are encrypted (hash is the term?)
So on the new app I make with Wappler I want them to still be able to login with the passwords they had. Even if there must be a prompt to change them.

Is that possible?

or maybe create a new separate droplet on Digital Ocean, import data into there, and attempt to connect with Wappler that way? I kept trying the Directus option, I simply don’t get how to even install it, so I am going to use Wappler to make all the internal panels and things I need. I was also told once to keep data separate since the app will be so data heavy. Learning as I go so I hope my questions make sense