Unable to Add Google Maps API Key - Wappler 5.0.0

Wappler Version : v5.0.0
Operating System : MacOS
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Cloud

Expected behavior

Adding an API Key to the Google Maps component (properties) should work as intended.

Actual behavior

The Key entered isn’t applied/stored.
Produces “NoApiKeys” warning in the console.

How to reproduce

• Add the Google Maps component to your project.
  • Enter your API Key in the designated field. Save changes.
  • Reload the “App Structure” panel.

Please check your layout page, where the google maps include is located. It should have the key after you save your content page:

This looks like the known bug here:

Hopefully will be fixed in this week’s update :wink:

That’s a different issue, about stripping custom params from the maps include.

Thanks, Teodor.
So manually adding the key to the script tag on the layout page does work, but trying through the Google Maps Properties does not (on saving, it removed the key I had manually added instead).

Not sure if this always happens, but I should also mention that saving the change on my content page (after adding the key via maps properties) does not trigger the need to resave the layout page… In this situation at least.

I tested that through the maps properties on the content page and it adds the key to the layout page.
Maybe something is wrong with your content page not properly connected to the layout page?

Possibly. Still, no luck for me though.
It’s just strange as it worked okay before the upgrade.

I’ve just created a new test project, and the issue’s the same.
There’s definitely something up with my upgrade.

Since you have the same version (5.0.0) with no issues, I’ll try a complete reinstall.
Hopefully, that fixes whatever’s wrong with mine.

Is the same problem,

The API adds correctly into layout, the problem comes when after to modify the content page at trying to save it, for example adding a simple empty space into content page, then save, and the API key get remove from script in main layout. And this happend every time the content page needs to be modify, the API Key in the script in the main layout just dissapear.

You’re right! It is.
FYI a fresh install’s no help.

This has been fixed in Wappler 5.0.2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 26 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.