Ultra fast web development with Docker in Wappler

Can you use Docker Desktop then push to a cloud container outside of Wappler? Or is there no way to do that all?

Guess I need to read up on Docker

I’ve been putting the upgrade off until this:

AUD169.00! I guess Wappler still saves me financially.

While I like the idea of moving to Docker, I’m not ready for the added complexity.

Will the database manager allow me to provide connection details and credentials so it can create tables/fields without the need for Docker?

I think an integration with Digital Ocean would be a huge plus as well

Improvement: Button to log into the docker container console.

There are some hacks to get Docker Desktop running on Windows 10 Home but the easiest is indeed to get Windows 10 Pro. Don’t go for the older Docker Toolbox as it is outdated.

But maybe even more easier is to dump the whole Windows ecosystem and get your self a shiny new MacBook Pro - where docker runs natively. Or if your budget doesn’t allows it - go for Ubuntu

There is no point of getting Windows 10 Pro for just be able to run Linux … and windows 10 doesn’t really get much better with all those auto “updates” that keep breaking your system.

So unless you are a hard core gamer - you probably don’t need Windows 10 - it is just an old habit :slight_smile:

PS. MacBook works also perfectly with your Synology NAS server and also you can even install Docker on Synology as well!!

I was waiting for this :slight_smile:

We will be adding more “terminal” views - so you have normal terminal like now, but also can switch to the terminals in containers.

Naturally this is of course for the most advanced users :slight_smile: but the good thing with docker is - you can’t mess up! Just click on the Launch icon and you have a clean sleeve!

1 Like

Probably only a handful of people here are really aware of what Docker support really means. But they will start to notice eventually and start to think how they could have lived without this so long.

Same as every other developer, devops and sysadmin out there when Docker was released :smiley:

Wait until they hear about kubernetes :rofl:

2 Likes

This is really great, just a question. To deploy live we need a docker hosting right?

Thank you!

Hi guys, I already upgrade wappler to 2.2.6, but not found any docker selection in project configuration.

You need to enable the Experimental Features in Wappler system option first, and restart Wappler :slight_smile:

This just keeps getting better and better, Santa George is bringing Scott a shiny new MacBook Pro for Christmas because Scott has been a good boy this year !! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

I logged in to docker.com and am downloading the Mac version.
But what I did not understand is whether Docker is free or if it involves costs, because there are “prices” on the menu

1 Like

Prices are for their storage and distribution features. If you create a docker image and want to store it in their hub there are pricing options.

So for us no.

1 Like

A nice video about container based future from Microsoft:

Coming from: About Windows Containers

Just replace the word Windows with Linux :slight_smile:

1 Like

And even better explanation from Amazon self:

1 Like

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

Switch to Linux containers.

and

3 Likes

Seems there is hope for Windows :slight_smile:

Microsoft is helping well to get the optimal Docker performance on Windows

3 Likes

Crickey, there is a lot to take in for this old codger. Nearly got the Docker thingy working after spending my valuable time ironing out all of the problems.

Pros:

• I’ll be able to help others with the same problems.
  • I’ve got the speed of Wappler to regain lost time
3 Likes