Tutorials requests

I wonder from the web designers point of view - what kind of introductory tutorials would you like to see @Webjack357 and @Shepherd

Do you really need an introduction to Bootstrap 4 for example? and how it is used in Wappler? Or can we presume designers have already base knowledge of Bootstrap 4?

Of course there is also a difference between graphical designers being a pro in print design and now making a switch to web design and web designers already building some basic web sites.

Good question Goergeā€¦As you said earlier, there will be new or potential new Wappler users from many different horizons, some with only WYSIWYG builders experience, others like me with fair general knowledge of html, css, bootstrap, ftpā€¦ And Pros who know pretty much everything and need to use a tool that will make their work even better and faster.

I learned to build web sites all by myself, I started with a visual builder from LMSOFT for a personal site back in 2000ā€™ and then for a few friends asking me to build a site for them. In 2006 I had my first client for a commercial project.

I then switched to DW and digged deeper into the code. For the layout I now use a visual tool for DW called FlexiLayout for statics pages. I gave a try to Wappler but still prefer FlexiLayout for the Design part as it is (for me) faster to put everything in place in a full visual way by drag and drop. But the inconvenience is it produceā€™s proprietary code and many non valid syntax.

I also integrate PHP modules or scripts for many clients (ex.: Motel Reservation, Catalogue of products).

And now I am looking for a way to build everything without the need to install some 3rtdh script .

So for me Wappler seem to be the answer I am in the process of trying to know WHAT EXACTLY does Wappler can allow me to accomplish and HOW.

So far I learn by reading from the post here and feedback from users, I know a little bit better what it is possible or not, what work fine or what work not so fine. You see, before investing time and money, I need to know :slight_smile:

I see Wappler as the possible solution to the ā€œmissing linkā€, so I may design AND add dynamic functionality without being a coder, but I need is some real examples of what I can accomplish with Wappler, like a web site with a backbend ) some kind of CMS) where I can login and see the result.

Or some fully functional data driven sites.

But from what I read and with the fast development of Wappler I am confident it is going to be my preferred tool in a very near future :):grin:

I build web sites for small to medium companies as a side line (for now), you may look at one of the project I did for a client here: http://ravspec.net/index.html

Now you see the real power of Wappler :slight_smile:

For the full blown CMS solution - you might want to check the very complete almost 6 hours long, video course by @psweb at https://www.learnwappler.com/

He goes there very extensive from database design to security, logins, back-end admin design, products management and much more! Very useful!

1 Like

Cool! I will watch the videos, thank you Goerge :):grinning:

Ho and by the way, I had some idea: What if you offer some already made basic cms or some downloadable (paid or included for basic/Pro license owners) some sample of a cms or whatever database driven site/Appā€¦So we can use it as a starting point and see in Wappler how thing works direct;y in Wappler, the workflow, the query, app connect and moreā€¦That would be great especially for those like me who have not work with dmx database driven extensions, maybe it make no sense but i think it could be useful.

Thank you

Do we have any tutorials on building mobile apps?

I wish ā€¦ :frowning:

Well you can start from here:

https://wappler.io/docs/#Mobile-Apps

We hope soon to get more user tutorials on this topic as well.

Just to chime in that this is crucial for me as well! In particular Iā€™m lost on making a mobile app that requires a database. Iā€™m a designer but not totally put off by programming IF there are practical examples to work through. But for software that essentially claims ā€¦ no programming required, there is quite a bit of such requirements in the Mobile Apps docs without much example or perspective.

4 Likes