TTFB improvement

Hello,

I checked my service with Page Speed Insights and GTmetrix.
I think I get high score on GTmetrix though, the score by Page Speed Insights is not good.
The feedback says “TTFB can be improved”.

How do you guys make your service speedy?

Thanks,

Where are you hosting?

I’m hosting at Wappler hosting.

Personally these days with all the browser extensions, users choice of AV, poor Wi-Fi, telephone networks, and those kind of variables it is very difficult to provide a speedy service for everyone as all circumstances and use cases are very different. Server side we load balance everything. We spend a lot of time getting our DB configs right, basically pay more attention to the back-end and actually serving the content as fast as possible. Front-end we optimise all images, minimise all our CSS, JS, and just about anything else that underpins a projects look, feel, and interaction. Make good use of caching data that repeats but is essentially static after the first load. We don’t spend too much time worrying about page speed tests etc. Like I said with so many variables to fight against the score has never meant that much to us. Infact I can’t remember the last time we even looked to be honest… We maintain our own infrastructure at a data center we have used for a long time. We are in control there which is hugely important if you can afford to do it. Having total control really does make a difference, and having the ability to change anything we want essentially takes you from being a passenger to sitting in the drivers seat… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Using a CDN for static content can improve TTFB. DNS routing also impacts TTFB.

You can try cloudflare free service.

3 Likes

Ok thanks, I try to do that!!

1 Like

Have to agree with @JonL, DNS is important and it usually means using a dedicated provider over the one that’s built in with your hosting provider. My top three (in order of preference) are DNSMadeEasy, CloudFlare and Route53.

2 Likes

I used cloudflare tho, TTFB is tremendously improved!!

Thank you so much guys!!

2 Likes

Glad to hear Miwa.

How much did it improve?

Depends on regions tho, about 30 times improved!

1 Like