Totals from a table

I’ve used the bootstrap table generator to make a table of my database. Is there an easy way of adding the totals to several columns?

Thanks,
Rick

Have a look t @s.alpaslan’s reply in Summing values in Table

1 Like

Thanks,

Got it to work. I found this movie on the forum which showed me how to try this. I didn’t know about collections. I found them in Wappler. Now I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=bZQ4_TTw0kg

Richard Roberts

Photographer and Filmmaker

marsalblackforprint for email signature

1587 Boston Post Rd B5

Westbrook, CT 06498

www.marsalstudios.com

860-395-9644

1 Like

Hi Richard:

I have attempted to duplicate the work shown in the video and am unable to find either data bindings or collections after generating a table with Bootstrap. How did you do this ?

All you need to do is create your bootstrap table from a serverconnect query of your database. Then create a text input box where you want the total to appear.

The dynamic attribute for the input box is the serverconnectquery itself, make it an expression not a field.

Go into the expression builder and you’ll see the querry at the top, click on it to see the options and one of them will be collections which will have sum, avg, etc, which also allows you to pick the actual field which will be aggregated.

That’s it. You can do it with more than one column if you like. The trick is to find the collections option in the expression builder.

Hope that helps,
Rick

3 Likes

Great I appreciate your help.