I’m trying to decide whether or not Wapper would be a good tool for me to learn, and was hoping this community could help me out. I have zero coding experience, but figured that if I’m going to spend time learning a tool, I might as well go for a more comprehensive one so I don’t have to unlearn any bad practices from simpler tools (tools that also lock you in). I’m a nontechnical person who leans heavily towards design.
Some questions I have are:
- Do you need to have some knowledge of programming/databases/servers from the outset in order to make anything even remotely complex with Wappler? How far can you go, exactly, using it as a nocode tool rather than a lowcode tool?
- I’ve seen that some tools like Flutterflow benefit from plugins that attempt to bridge the gap between UI design and the finished product (e.g. XD to Flutter plugin). Is there anything like this for Wappler, that helps designers take their already finished designs in a tool like Figma or Adobe XD and export some of it to Wappler?
- How customizable is Wappler on the front end? How much control do you have over the UI of your app?
The project I have in mind to start with involves the following features - I have no idea if this would be seriously out of reach for a person with my background and/or within the context of a tool like Wappler:
- The ability for users to create posts/entries that expire after a certain length of time;
- The ability for users to apply multiple filters simultaneously when viewing a list of posts/entries from other users;
- Integration with Google Maps or OpenStreetMap so users can drop location pins visible to other users;
- The app being able to detect a users approximate location, so they can be shown other users within a certain mile radius of them;
- Basic in-app messaging that expires after a certain length of time;
- In-app calendars
Given the kinds of apps I want to make, my lack of coding experience, and the limitations of Wappler, does it sound like this would be a worthwhile tool for me to learn? I really appreciate any advice you guys have to share.