Tooltip on a Link Persists After Link is Clicked (Wappler v3.9.7)

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.9.7
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: AWS

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When you have a tooltip on a link item, once the link is clicked and the mouse moved away, the tooltip should disappear

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

The tooltip remains on the screen.

How to reproduce

Add a tooltip such as this one:

<a data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".navbar-collapse.show" class="nav_words_item nav-item nav-link" href="#" id="a_nav_main_contacts" dmx-bs-tooltip="'Manage your contacts'" dmx-class:nav_main_item_selected="window.value=='app_contacts'"><i class="fas fa-user-alt mr-1 d-lg-none"></i><span class="d-none d-lg-inline">Contacts</span></a>

Hey Anthony, this post might help. @patrick could you please try to improve tooltips to allow hover rather than hover focus?

@George, so my links are in a BS4 collapsing navbar. I actually use them for on-click actions rather than using the href. So if I changed the link tags to be paragraph tags, this will fix the tooltip problem. Will doing this cause any problems with the collapse functionality of the navbar?

@George, I’m planning to stay on 3.9.7 for a while as I’m developing fast and very familiar with the GUI.

Is there a zip of an updated file you can put on here to give me this fix?

Thanks!
Antony.

You should update Antony. It will not take you long to get to grips and there have been so many improvements since 3.9.7. After just a few minutes usage you will begin to notice them, and within a day you’ll be back up to pace. I too held on to 3.9.7 as felt it was a superb release and really held its own, but times are changing fast. Don’t get left behind mate. Only my opinion (which is not worth much more than a frozen trout).

1 Like

I agree with Dave @Antony, the last thing you want to do is get left behind, now is when all the questions are based around 4.0.5 and no longer 3.9.7

You know what a huge help resource the community is, but if they are giving you code snippets or assisting while all on 4.0.5 and you on 3.9.7 then maybe some things that work for us will not work for you. It will make it difficult to assist.

Anyway just another frozen trout giving my 2 cents worth.

1 Like

Here the updated file for bootstrap 4. There were also some small fixes in the UI which you will be missing.

dmxBootstrap4Tooltips.zip (518 Bytes)

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.5

Thank you so much @patrick! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Dave, @psweb

Thank you for your thoughts, oh fish of the freezer!

I’m just in a real groove with 3.9.7 at the moment and want to keep flowing and flowing like a trout in the river…

… when the cold waters of winter arrive and I feel like a frozen fish I’ll wend my way to the wonderful world of Wappler 4.0!

2 Likes

Hahaha nearly, is an old IRCinsult’ slapping someone with a frozen trout was a polite way of pointing out they may be slightly dysfunctional in one way or another.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.