Took up the challenge for Luxury Cape Stays

So I like to be in the code editor when doing html and css and then use app connect and server connect via the Wappler visual build interface, but with all the Visual Tool hype of Wappler I took up the challenge to build some sites doing as much as I can using the visual build tools.

I guess about 90% of this site was built with just the visual tools in Wappler. The navigation is custom since I needed a 3 level menu. All in all around 400 lines of custom css. All of the layout otherwise using the app connect panel and design view.

Another interesting fact: This site was supposed to be done in Wordpress, but I could only “panel beat” the template to a point to fit my needs and then gave up. Rebuilt the Wordpress design with improvements in Wappler in about a day.

http://www.luxurycapestays.co.za/

6 Likes

Looking great, Marcel! Really nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it!

Be careful though, a buton element should not have an href attribute. If you use the Wappler method, you ill overcome this:
<button class="btn" dmx-on:click="modal1.show()">Button</button>

Also, email harvesters are going to have a field day. I always use a contact form to overcome this.

I hope you do not mind me pointing this out.

2 Likes

Thanks @ben - no problem. Will check out the button with href - I usually change to anchor tag - must have slipped on this.

Regarding the emails - one can advise clients to do right… but they want what they want and if they pay they have their say :wink:

I totally understand both remarks. In the ‘other’ forum, someone pointed a couple of my oversights out.

Great work.

1 Like

You can use encoded mailto links, there are many mailto encoders available online. For example: http://rumkin.com/tools/mailto_encoder/custom.php

3 Likes

Nice! Like it.

1 Like

Looking good. I’d however review it further on mobile. Add some left margin to the hamburger menu, decrease the slider text and decrease the font size of picture captions in general. Otherwise, good work. Regarding your WordPress comments, I honestly see no reason why this couldn’t be achieved in WordPress, of course that’s assuming some familiarity with the platform etc.

All the best!

1 Like

@niall_obrien Thanks for feedback. Will apply.

Regarding Wordpress, I bought a template to customise and found that it was limited. I have built a template from bootstrap boilerplate and agree it can be done. But my time was limited and Wappler is so much quicker.

1 Like