Third party API for user creation, authentication, and login?

Good afternoon all,

I have combed through the provided wappler API documentation. I was hoping that there might be a better guide as to how to use the API tools to connect, authenticate, and login a user. I do not need the security provider to do this correct? From what I can tell, this tool is used when needing a database to store the user credentials.

Our backend devs are saying that I will be returned an authorize “key” identifyer.

Hoping someone out there has gone through this process using the tools provided by Wappler.

Thanks!

Yes, you still need to use the security provider. It’s exactly the same with or without database credentials.

could you please elaborate. I have connected successfully via the API form connection and we can see that a user has been created and validated. However, when i try to test the page in browser I get a 404 message saying the current page is not found. I can test it in app via the preview mode.

There is very limited documentation revolving around these processes for API usage for user creation , verification and validation redirect.

I have also set up the dymaic events for browser redirect and alert. However I get the same message page not found.

I see now that you are using a third party API … which one and most importantly, why?

If you are using a third party API, you likely need to refer to their documentation.

It is our internal system for user login and credentials. we deal in securities. I don’t argue with our backend group. I am experimenting on new UI and need to be able to access this data. I can successfully access it using the Wappler tools. I will not be able to convince our internal team to use the wappler auth system.

All i need to have happen is when success redirect to user dashboard. I have followed the steps but for some reason the application does not see the pages. See attached.

Not worried about the info this is a dev server on the backend.

Also what is the difference between the api workflows and the creation of an ApI there vers applying it to the form?

@ben any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope that someone can help me here, I have an update to the above meaning I have been able to use the APIform and hit the API and create a user and then confirm that a user exists.

Here is what I need to understand. Once a user has been created and or logged in / validated, our main server sends back a token. I need to be able to validate that token and then once it has been validated log the user into the application.

I understand there are walkthroughs on how to accomplish this using the server side. @ben has created some amazing videos. However since the wappler server is not doing the validation and our main server is, how can I accomplish this login process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am stuck at the moment using trial and error and I have hit a wall…

Hi Ryan,

Apologies for the late reply. This is a hectic part of the year, having to prepare for the holidays and guests that will be staying at our place over that period.

Here is what I understand should happen. When the main server sends back the token, using Webhooks you should be able to intercept the message.

My knowledge of Webhooks is zilch, I have only had to use it when setting up a Stripe payment system.

There are more knowledgeable persons out there who can help you with this. At the risk of overstepping the guidelines, here are a couple: @George, @patrick, @mebeingken and @sitestreet.

Thank you ben, and appreciate your knowledge. Hope the others can shed some light to this process!

1 Like