Themes for Wappler Development in 2020

I’m curious about two things…

1. Does the Wappler team have a list of more general themes they would like to guide the product development during 2020?
    So maybe complete new areas of the product to release like a database management tool, or a guiding theme to collections of new features such as making Wappler easier for no-coders to understand?

2. As Wappler users, do we have some themes we would like to see being followed for this year?

I’ll have a flat white and one of those yummy looking brownies please!

Antony.

As I develop my product over the next few months, it would be very helpful to know what may be coming, so I don’t end up working around something that is hard to do, only to find it becomes super easy a couple of weeks later!

1 Like

New features tend to be driven by feature requests so users dictate the road map to some degree. A database manager is coming soon I believe

Normal software like design apps from adobe have never really given a roadmap either, I remember sitting in photoshop adding drop shadows to 600 images in a magazine and saving them with transparency as eps dcs 2 files. The next release of that software had a checkbox, saying drop shadow. That could have saved me 3 days of work.

So it’s normal that we could be jumping through hoops to do something and Wappler creates an easier way down the line, the only difference being that Wappler kindly gives new features week on week without us having to wait a year for 100 new features, we get them 1 or 2 at a time, weekly.

I do get what you are saying though, but I think it’s a difficult question for Wappler to answer as if they say they are going to implement features a b c, and while attempting to implement feature b, they run into a road block, they will have a bunch of unhappy users saying but you promised and if I had known I would have made alternate plans or never purchased to start with etc.

They kind of have to manage user expectations as they experiment trying to give us more functionality.

Anyway that’s just my take on it.

5 Likes