I used Filezilla to upload files to my server and now two test websites are live.
Now while creating targets and testing connection I only get a successful message for one.
I’ve copied here two data output and posted them side by side for easier comparison.
Any thoughts ?
Remote Directory is copied from Filezilla.
It’s the same directory to which I uploaded the photo which can be seen at arikenko.com
Also in the log posted below looks like Wappler manages to log in and even “CWD command successful”
cd /domains/mysite.com
---- Connecting to mysite.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port 21
<— 220 ProFTPD Server ready.
—> FEAT
<— 211-Features:
<— AUTH TLS
<— CCC
<— CLNT
<— EPRT
<— EPSV
<— HOST
<— LANG ja-JP;it-IT;bg-BG;zh-TW;zh-CN;fr-FR;ru-RU;es-ES;en-US;ko-KR
<— MDTM
<— MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
<— MFMT
<— MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.groupname*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;UNIX.ownername*;
<— PBSZ
<— PROT
<— REST STREAM
<— SIZE
<— SSCN
<— TVFS
<— UTF8
<— 211 End
—> CLNT lftp/4.8.4
<— 200 OK
—> LANG
<— 200 Using default language mysite.com
—> OPTS UTF8 ON
<— 200 UTF8 set to on
—> HOST mysite.com
<— 504 mysite.com Unknown hostname provided
—> USER user
<— 331 Password required for user
—> PASS pass
<— 230 User user logged in
—> OPTS MLST modify;perm;size;type;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;UNIX.owner
<— 200 MLST OPTS modify;perm;size;type;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
—> PWD
<— 257 “/” is the current directory
---- CWD path to be sent is `/domains/mysite.com’
—> CWD /domains/mysite.com
<— 250 CWD command successful
cd ok, cwd=/domains/mysite.com
ls
—> PASV
<— 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,137,225).
---- Connecting data socket to (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port 35297
---- Data connection established
—> LIST -a
<— 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
---- Got EOF on data connection
---- Closing data socket
drwx–x--x 6 ftp ftp 4096 Feb 21 22:53 .
drwx–x--x 11 ftp ftp 4096 Dec 25 21:39 …
drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp ftp 4096 Dec 18 18:31 .htpasswd
drwx------ 2 ftp ftp 4096 Dec 20 00:26 logs
drwx–x--x 3 ftp ftp 4096 Dec 18 18:31 public_ftp
drwxr-xr-x 3 ftp ftp 4096 Feb 21 22:24 public_html
<— 226 Transfer complete
put mysite.com
—> TYPE I
<— 200 Type set to I
—> PASV
<— 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,140,78).
---- Connecting data socket to (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port 35918
---- Data connection established
—> ALLO 38
<— 202 No storage allocation necessary
—> STOR mysite.com
<— 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for mysite.com
---- Closing data socket **mysite.com**' at 38 (100%) [Waiting for transfer to comp<--- 226 Transfer complete ---> MFMT 20190221215310 **mysite.com**mysite.com’ at 38 (100%) [Waiting for transfer to comp<— 213 Modify=20190221215310; mysite.com
38 bytes transferred
—> QUIT
<— 221 Goodbye.
---- Closing control socket
The remote directory is fine. Only when I do a Test Connection via Project Setting I get a Failed result. But when I do a Check form the bottom menu in designer I get back a Test completed successfully which is the truth as it works.
So this topic is closed and will move it to bugs section.
I don’t know what ‘Check’ from bottom menu actually checks. But I too have seen this behaviour where test connection fails but Publish option works.
And the issue in my case was incorrect project settings - not that there was a bug.
One more way you can check this is by adding new server action and db connection. With your publish location set to the one which fails, you should not be able to add.
If adding the action & connection are working, then there might be a bug in project settings connection test.